Pool Construction with Tom Cruise
Tom Cruise likes to swim. So much in fact that he has hired Mimi Rodgers, a world famous pool contractor, to build for him a new pool in his backyard. In fact, Tom Cruise is focused on teaching is daughter Suri how to swim and wants her very first lesson to be on her upcoming birthday. In fact, in writing the pool construction contract, Tom Cruise writes into the contract an express acknowledgement that Mimi Rodgers must, as a material term of the agreement, complete the pool construction in 60 days so that Suri can have her first lesson on her birthday in that very pool you are about to build. Mimi Rodgers doesnt see this being a problem as Tom Cruises house is on a flat plain without any signs of geological hazards of impediments that will prevent her from completing the construction project within 45 days. The contract is for $1 million leaving her with a healthy profit margin.
In fact, Mimi Rodgers is so determined to complete the project well in advance of Suris birthday so she starts construction right away she even brings in your crew and have them start digging the very next day. The pool is an Olympic size pool and will take up a good amount of space, and in fact will take up most of the yard, still this should not present a problem for Mimi Rodgers.
About three feet down, the construction crew runs into some trouble. It turns out that underneath the Cruise property is a large slab of granite that a local geologist says is 30 feet deep and four city block wide. It will take you two years and $10 million to blast away enough granite to construct a pool. As much as Mimi Rodgers doesnt want to disappoint Tom Cruise (or Suri for that matter), she is not interested in losing money, even for Tom Cruise. Tom Cruise also does not want Mimi Rodgers on his property for two years and is suddenly interested in an Olympic sized above-ground pool.
Not sure what to do, Mimi Rodgers reaches out to her pool construction companys general counsel (this would be you). She brings you up to speed on the Tom Cruise project and wants your thoughts on the subject.
Please prepare an objective memo (addressed to Mimi Rodgers), no more than three pages double spaced (Times New Roman; Size font 12) discussing the following concepts:
Her ability to terminate contract due to Commercial Impracticability
Tom Cruises ability to terminate for Frustration of Purpose
The ability of the two parties to mutually agree to terminate the contract
This memorandum need only be structured as follows:
Questions Presented (i.e., what are the three issues you are addressing)
Brief Answer (very brief answer yes; no; maybe)
Summary of Facts (these would be a recitation of key elements of your fact pattern)
Analysis of each legal question (using IRAC in each instance)
This is your second opportunity to apply IRAC. The first time you applied IRAC you read the Wisconsin Supreme Court decision in White v. Benkowski. In this situation, please prepare the memorandum in the manner requested above. The Analysis section of the memo should be structured to present three independent IRAC structures. Please refer to the textbook for the general rule that is applicable to each issue. If you have trouble with this point please reach out to me and lets discuss during office hours (please). If you want to show organization and label each part of your IRAC please do so it makes it easier for me to see you have structure (organization counts!).
Again, this is not an English class so if it is not your best subject please dont worry. Emphasis on this assignment is showing you know how to use IRAC and that you can be organized.
Do you need any assistance with this question?
Send us your paper details now
We’ll find the best professional writer for you!
"We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before we can also do it for you."
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
Our Service Charter
1. Professional & Expert Writers: Experts Essays only hires the best. Our writers are specially selected and recruited, after which they undergo further training to perfect their skills for specialization purposes. Moreover, our writers are holders of masters and Ph.D. degrees. They have impressive academic records, besides being native English speakers.
2. Top Quality Papers: Our customers are always guaranteed of papers that exceed their expectations. All our writers have +5 years of experience. This implies that all papers are written by individuals who are experts in their fields. In addition, the quality team reviews all the papers before sending them to the customers.
3. Plagiarism-Free Papers: All papers provided by Experts Essays are written from scratch. Appropriate referencing and citation of key information are followed. Plagiarism checkers are used by the Quality assurance team and our editors just to double-check that there are no instances of plagiarism.
4. Timely Delivery: Time wasted is equivalent to a failed dedication and commitment. Experts Essays are known for the timely delivery of any pending customer orders. Customers are well informed of the progress of their papers to ensure they keep track of what the writer is providing before the final draft is sent for grading.
5. Affordable Prices: Our prices are fairly structured to fit in all groups. Any customer willing to place their assignments with us can do so at very affordable prices. In addition, our customers enjoy regular discounts and bonuses.
6. 24/7 Customer Support: At Experts Essays, we have put in place a team of experts who answer all customer inquiries promptly. The best part is the ever-availability of the team. Customers can make inquiries anytime.