Assignment: Signature Assignment: Compose a Project Plan
As you prepare your Signature Assignment this week, please keep in mind that for your Week 8 assignment, you will review and respond to faculty feedback provided for this week’s Signature Assignment. You will also reflect on the course content, concepts, and course competencies, and critically analyze how these elements impact and/or advance your career interests and degree program pathway.
All projects start with a plan. In this assignment, you will create a project plan responsive to the ongoing scenario weaving the assignments of this course together.
You are a healthcare administrator in a popular healthcare facility in your community. This facility has decided to expand its telemedicine capabilities to better reach community members with limited physical access to the facility. You have previously been involved in the exploration of this expansion and have been assigned the development of a project plan to initiate and guide the project. In particular, you have identified that the EHR system will require upgrading to accommodate the delivery of telemedicine services better. Since this EHR is also used to support inpatient and ambulatory services, you will need to minimize any disruptions to patient care and daily operations, which will continue during project integration.
You will create a project plan, including each of the project management knowledge areas (Glandon, 2013). Incorporate your previous assignments to address the appropriate elements of your project plan.
Ensure your project plan addresses:
· Ongoing strategic evaluation of the expanded telemedicine services.
· The primary measures that will be used to determine which EHR system to purchase and implement.
· Steps that will be required to install and launch the selected EHR system while continuing to maintain normal clinic operations. Indicate why implementing in this manner is important.
· The anticipated timeline for implementation.
· The performance metrics that will be monitored over time to indicate the success or failure of the implementation and ongoing performance. Expand upon what data would be desirable or what data would be considered problematic for each of the metrics.
Length: 8-12 pages
References: Include a minimum of 2-3 additional scholarly references, beyond those included in previous assignments. The total number of references should be a minimum of 12-15.