This is a continuation of the previous assignment and is another step towards your final research paper.
Length: 6-8 pp.
Lit Review Instructions
Has the UN succeeded, or is it likely to
succeed, in maintaining international peace and security in Africa, the most
disadvantaged region of the world? Find Literature in regards to this topic and review.
What common topics, themes, and problems come up in my sources?
Do all the authors agree on such problems?
On what do all the sources agree, if anything?
Where do they sharply divide?
The literature review is NOT an annotated bibliography. Rather, it is an analytical exercise in which you evaluate a strand of the literature. As such, your literature review should be organized by theme (NOT an article-by-article summary). A good literature review is a thoughtful analysis of what has been written, and is arranged thematically. The literature review should be written in narrative style. At the end of the evaluation, there should still be gaps in the literature that one could focus on in future research. From these gaps, you will develop your research question.
This assignment is intended for you to provide a critical analysis and review of a specific strand of academic literature. It should identify the main arguments of the sources, critically analyze those arguments (including an evaluation of evidence and support), and relate the sources to one another.
Research questions do not emerge from nowhere; rather, they stem from a gap that the existing literature has not adequately addressed.
Introduction: Identifies the strand of academic literature being evaluated and gives details and contextual information.
Critical Review of the Literature: Provides a critical analysis and review of the literature under investigation, organized by theme. Identifies the main arguments of the authors, critically analyzes those arguments (including an evaluation of evidence and support), and relates the articles/sources to one another.
Identification of Research Question: The paper should end with the identification and explanation of a specific research question that has emerged from a demonstrated weakness or gap in the literature.
References (length varies; not counted toward page total): A list of all the sources you cited in the paper in Chicago format.
To get you started, here are links to some university websites about constructing a good literature review. You might find some guidance here:
A sample review from CUNY (a bit longer than the reviews you will write, but helpful).
University of Wisconsin-Madisons overview of components of a literature review
Do you need any assistance with this question?
Send us your paper details now
We’ll find the best professional writer for you!
"We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before we can also do it for you."
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
Our Service Charter
1. Professional & Expert Writers: Experts Essays only hires the best. Our writers are specially selected and recruited, after which they undergo further training to perfect their skills for specialization purposes. Moreover, our writers are holders of masters and Ph.D. degrees. They have impressive academic records, besides being native English speakers.
2. Top Quality Papers: Our customers are always guaranteed of papers that exceed their expectations. All our writers have +5 years of experience. This implies that all papers are written by individuals who are experts in their fields. In addition, the quality team reviews all the papers before sending them to the customers.
3. Plagiarism-Free Papers: All papers provided by Experts Essays are written from scratch. Appropriate referencing and citation of key information are followed. Plagiarism checkers are used by the Quality assurance team and our editors just to double-check that there are no instances of plagiarism.
4. Timely Delivery: Time wasted is equivalent to a failed dedication and commitment. Experts Essays are known for the timely delivery of any pending customer orders. Customers are well informed of the progress of their papers to ensure they keep track of what the writer is providing before the final draft is sent for grading.
5. Affordable Prices: Our prices are fairly structured to fit in all groups. Any customer willing to place their assignments with us can do so at very affordable prices. In addition, our customers enjoy regular discounts and bonuses.
6. 24/7 Customer Support: At Experts Essays, we have put in place a team of experts who answer all customer inquiries promptly. The best part is the ever-availability of the team. Customers can make inquiries anytime.