In this assignment, you are asked to compare and contrast different interpretations of cultural globalization by reflecting on your own lived experiences.
This assignment builds on Module 3: Globalization and Culture, Part 1, and Module 4: Globalization and Culture, Part 2. The relevant readings are Chapter 5 in your Steger textbook, and the online reading by Hebron & Stack, Debunking the Myths, Chapter 7.
As discussed by your readings and learning materials, cultural globalization is an incredibly complex and much debated phenomenon. This intensification and expansion of cultural flows across the globe (Steger, 2017, p. 80) involves both the homogenization, and hybridization of cultural practices throughout the world. This assignment invites you to consider how the dynamics of cultural globalization shape your own lived experiences.
Your task is to choose any ONE specific cultural product, experience, or expression, and explain how it reflects the dynamics of cultural globalization. You may, for example, choose to consider the ways in which a particular food you enjoy or music you listen to demonstrates the phenomenon of glocalization, or perhaps how the adoption of a Western style of dress or the global popularity of an American movie reflects the phenomenon of cultural homogenization. (Due to past plagiarism, please do not pick a McDonalds product as your topic.)
Investigate your chosen example by exploring two credible books or peer-reviewed journal articles for further information. These sources MUST be drawn from the Humber Libraries website.
Once you have a good amount of detailed information about your specific cultural product, experience, or expression, use theoretical and empirical details drawn from your readings, and related learning materials to explain precisely how your example demonstrates the phenomenon of cultural globalization. Be sure to clearly define and explain key concepts (e.g. culture, Americanization, hybridization) using your readings and learning materials. I want to see you use relevant content from Learning Materials and both the Steger and Hebron & Stack readings.
Remember to properly reference all ideas and information using APA referencing format to avoid the serious academic offence of plagiarism. Visit the following site for guidelines about how to properly reference sources. Click here for a guide. Failure to properly reference constitutes plagiarism and will result in an automatic grade of zero. Students who commit this serious academic offence will be reported to the college for academic misconduct.
Compose an informal essay with a minimum word count of 500-750 words (for a greater chance at a superior grade, aim for 800-900 words) to describe your example and explain how the example you have chosen demonstrates the dynamics of cultural globalization. Your ideas should be organized using proper sentence and paragraph structure. Phrase information in your own words as much as possible to show your understanding of course content. Remember to properly reference all information and ideas using APA citation format.
FOCUS OF EVALUATION
Content: The example chosen is relevant and described in ample, accurate detail. A considerable amount of accurate theoretical and/or empirical detail drawn from the readings and related learning materials is used to inform the analysis.
Analysis: Relevant course concepts are accurately defined, and insightfully applied to demonstrate how the example chosen reflects cultural globalization. Ample, accurate, and insightful connections are made between course content and the chosen example.
Clarity: Information is presented in an organized, logical sequence. Ideas are clearly articulated, and consistently accessible to the audience.
Referencing: All information is properly referenced using APA citation format. There should be in-text, parenthetical references, as well as full end-of-text references.
Do you need any assistance with this question?
Send us your paper details now
We’ll find the best professional writer for you!
"We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before we can also do it for you."
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
Our Service Charter
1. Professional & Expert Writers: Experts Essays only hires the best. Our writers are specially selected and recruited, after which they undergo further training to perfect their skills for specialization purposes. Moreover, our writers are holders of masters and Ph.D. degrees. They have impressive academic records, besides being native English speakers.
2. Top Quality Papers: Our customers are always guaranteed of papers that exceed their expectations. All our writers have +5 years of experience. This implies that all papers are written by individuals who are experts in their fields. In addition, the quality team reviews all the papers before sending them to the customers.
3. Plagiarism-Free Papers: All papers provided by Experts Essays are written from scratch. Appropriate referencing and citation of key information are followed. Plagiarism checkers are used by the Quality assurance team and our editors just to double-check that there are no instances of plagiarism.
4. Timely Delivery: Time wasted is equivalent to a failed dedication and commitment. Experts Essays are known for the timely delivery of any pending customer orders. Customers are well informed of the progress of their papers to ensure they keep track of what the writer is providing before the final draft is sent for grading.
5. Affordable Prices: Our prices are fairly structured to fit in all groups. Any customer willing to place their assignments with us can do so at very affordable prices. In addition, our customers enjoy regular discounts and bonuses.
6. 24/7 Customer Support: At Experts Essays, we have put in place a team of experts who answer all customer inquiries promptly. The best part is the ever-availability of the team. Customers can make inquiries anytime.