INSTRUCTIONS: Answer both questions. Make sure each response is double spaced, with one-inch margins, in 12-point Times or Cambria font. The page limit is three pages for each question (6 total pages). This is a strict page limit.
To complete this exam, you will need to read two short articles and refer to some additional information.
Use your own words to explain the different concepts and arguments you reference from authors or other materials that you cite in support of your answers. Do not include direct quotes from readings!
There is no need to reproduce the question at the top of the page or provide a formal introduction or conclusionthis will take up space you could use for your answer. Make sure to answer all parts of each question.
The applications you make to the articles and/or additional information will be an important part of your grade, so make sure to prioritize accordingly, while not neglecting the first part of the questions.
You do not need to include a reference list, but you should cite course materials referenced in your answers appropriately. For question 1, use the authors last name to reference the article. Sources are included for the other supporting information. For question two, use the authors last name to reference the article.
Turn in your exam on bCourses with both answers numbered and combined into one document. Exam submitted after the end of the grace period will be subject to the late penalty. All work submitted for this exam must be original and entirely your own
You will need to read and refer to the following to answer question one. a) The Unentitled Kids: Californias New Generation of Star College Applicants, by Teresa Wantanabe. The Los Angeles Times, Dec. 29, 2021 Californias unentitled generation of college applicants Los Angeles Times.pdf; b) Supplemental information. Supplemental Info_Midterm graphs and info.pdf
How does Bourdieus theory of the forms of capital and social reproduction apply when considering the experiences and outcomes of people trying to earn a college degree? Briefly define and explain the different forms of capital, according to Bourdieu. Then describe, in your own words, his theory about how the different forms of capital can be exchanged for each other, why someone might want to do this, and possible outcomes. Then, explain how these ideas apply in the article above, and in explaining the outcomes around college completion and graduation presented in the supplemental information provided. You should aim to focus at least half of your answer on making specific and detailed connections between Bourdieus theory and the articles.
You will need to read and refer to this article about the California Reparations Task Force to respond to question 2.
Reparations Could Include Tuition, Housing Grants, California Task Force Says. By Lil Kalish. Cal Matters, June 1, 2022. Reparations could include tuition, housing grants, California task force says What racial reparation.pdf
What would Bonilla-Silva and Omi & Winant have to say about the possibility of reparations to Black Californians? Describe and explain Omi & Winants theory of racial formation, making sure to define and explain racial projects as part of your discussion. Then, describe and explain Bonilla-Silvas theory of colorblind racism. Next, based on their theories, explain how each author might comment on the issue of reparations in general, and on any of the specific issues around eligibility, the form that reparations may take, or other matters that the task force is grappling with. Do any concepts and/or theories from these authors stand out as especially useful for making sense of this issue and why? You should aim to focus at least half of your answer on making specific and detailed connections between the theories and the article. It is essential that your answer be entirely based on demonstrating your understanding of the work of these authors and not any personal opinions about reparations.
Do you need any assistance with this question?
Send us your paper details now
We’ll find the best professional writer for you!
"We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before we can also do it for you."
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
Our Service Charter
1. Professional & Expert Writers: Experts Essays only hires the best. Our writers are specially selected and recruited, after which they undergo further training to perfect their skills for specialization purposes. Moreover, our writers are holders of masters and Ph.D. degrees. They have impressive academic records, besides being native English speakers.
2. Top Quality Papers: Our customers are always guaranteed of papers that exceed their expectations. All our writers have +5 years of experience. This implies that all papers are written by individuals who are experts in their fields. In addition, the quality team reviews all the papers before sending them to the customers.
3. Plagiarism-Free Papers: All papers provided by Experts Essays are written from scratch. Appropriate referencing and citation of key information are followed. Plagiarism checkers are used by the Quality assurance team and our editors just to double-check that there are no instances of plagiarism.
4. Timely Delivery: Time wasted is equivalent to a failed dedication and commitment. Experts Essays are known for the timely delivery of any pending customer orders. Customers are well informed of the progress of their papers to ensure they keep track of what the writer is providing before the final draft is sent for grading.
5. Affordable Prices: Our prices are fairly structured to fit in all groups. Any customer willing to place their assignments with us can do so at very affordable prices. In addition, our customers enjoy regular discounts and bonuses.
6. 24/7 Customer Support: At Experts Essays, we have put in place a team of experts who answer all customer inquiries promptly. The best part is the ever-availability of the team. Customers can make inquiries anytime.