FIRST ESSAY ASSIGNMENT
Write 1 full (or more) pages 12 pt, single spaced, 1 inch margins, no large headings.
SEND YOUR COMPLETED ESSAY TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS:
Send as a PDF or regular attachment, NOT as GOOGLE DOC. [email protected] BY OCT. 21- 22
You can consult me by Email or on Collaborate by appointment about writing the paper.
Choose just 1 (one) numbered assignment only!
Indicate your class on your paper FRIDAY (6:55 pm 15364) or SAT. (9:00 am 16041)
FIND AND READ THE TEXT UP TO CHAPTER OF THE ASSIGNMENT!
READ ALL ASSIGNMENTS CAREFULLY BEFORE WRITING IN FRONT OF A GOOD QUALITY PICTURE OF THE CHOSEN ASSIGNMENT!
Read your notes, the relevant chapters in the text and display your understanding
of ideas from class and the book.
UNDERSTAND & DEFINE the STYLES- BEFORE YOU WRITE! Record NAME, ARTIST, COUNTRY/CULTURE & PERIOD STYLE FIRST SENTENCE
SPELL ART WORDS CORRECTLY
NEVER WRITE ABOUT DAMAGE SEEN ON THE WORKS-
Imagine the pieces as they were when NEWLY COMPLETED.
(1) COMPARE the Old Kingdom Egyptian Kahfre enthroned c. 2490- 2472 bc with Seated Scribe c. 2620- 2500 bc from the same place and period. How do they express Egyptian Theory of the Afterlife and the form and sculptural presentation the social status of the OLD KINGDOM individuals represented,in terms of sculptural form, size, formality, use of materials? HOW DO THEY FIT WITH OLD KINGDOM STYLE?
(2) COMPARE The OLD KINGDOM EGYPTIAN Great Pyramid of Khafre 2520- 2494 bc with the NEW KINGDOM Temple Tomb Of Queen Hatshepsut 1473 1458 bc, built about 1,000 years apart. BOTH are primarily large TOMBS, though Hatshepsut also functions as a TEMPLE- explain the reasons for this difference in the CONTEXT OF DIFFERENT STYLES. HOW DO THEY SHOW OLD KINGDOM and NEW KINGDOM STYLE CHARACTERISTICS?
(3) COMPARE The CLASSICAL Greek DORIC ORDER the Parthenon, Temple of Athena 447 338 bc with the IONIC ORDER The Erechtheion 421- 405 bc, built one after the other on the ATHENIAN ACROPOLIS. What are the differing functions of these large ambitious Temples? Why are these buildings so particularly influential for the European future? Describe the DIFFERENCES BETWEEN the two ARCHITECURAL ORDERS, DORIC and IONIC
(4) COMPARE the Greek ARCHAIC Kouros of 525 bc with CLASSICAL Polykleitos of Argos, The Spear Bearer 450 bc (the original was called the Canon) which embodies CLASSICAL PERIOD sculpture in Athens. WHY? (DESCRIBE THIS WORK AS AN ORIGINAL NOT AS A COPY or you will do this paper over!) Discuss the several ways this work shows the innovations of the CLASSICAL era, why the shift to CONTRAPPOSTO poses was revolutionary and defines European art. How do mathematics play a role?
COMPARE IN TERMS OF ARCHAIC VS CLASSICAL STYLE(s)
TO GET A GOOD GRADE AND AVOID REWRITING DO THIS:
A. The FIRST SENTENCE MUST include:
(1) The TITLE
(2) The ARTIST (when known)
(3) COUNTRY or Culture
(4) PERIOD STYLE
(5) The DATE
B. Then, EFFECTIVELY DEFINE THE PERIOD STYLE and fully discuss the work(s) as an EXAMPLE of this style.
C. Discuss IDEAS as discussed in CLASS and the TEXT- show you understand THESE PARTICULAR IDEAS AS PRESENTED IN THIS BASIC CLASS- stick to the class framework of ideas. Use the STUDY SHEET.
D. Write your Essay to the full specifications of the LENGTH and TYPESIZE, etc. as specified.
E. Include VISUAL DESCRIPTIONS of the VISUAL FEATURES and LOOK of the works- describe materials used and technical processes used in making the works.
F. WHY were the works made by those who made them? EXPLAIN!
DO RESEARCH in ART HISTORY websites- NOT TRAVEL OR TOURIST SITES
When you make a statement, EXPLAIN IT FULLY IN A WAY THAT SHOWS YOUR UNDERSTANDING OF THE IDEAS DISCUSSED IN CLASS AND IN THE TEXT
It is not enough to simply state that The Statue of Khafre is made of a hard stone, Diorite!
YOU MUST GO FURTHER AND EXPLAIN ALL STATEMENTS FULLY!
Example: Because of the importance placed on the survival of the Ka in the afterlife which was held by the sculptured likeness of the face, it was crucial to use a very hard stone, such as slate, so that the sculptured face would be hard to destroy.
Avoid vagueness ABOVE ALL!
ALWAYS SUPPORT AND EXPLAIN ALL IDEAS!
YOU ARE WRITING ABOUT HISTORY!
ALWAYS DISCUSS THE EARLIER WORK (S) FIRST and describe how it INFLUENCED the later work(s). Tell a story! Use the word INFLUENCED!
AGAIN, NEVER WRITE ABOUT DAMAGE SEEN ON THE WORKS!
Write about what the ARTIST did, imagine the pieces as they were when they were newly completed.
Also, dont write about how the piece came to a Museum, country, etc. Not relevant here.
FOCUS on the STYLE of the works.
SPELL THE WORDS CORRECTLY- copy it from the sources!
LOOK AT AND READ THE TEXT ETC. BEFORE YOU WRITE!
THE VISUAL and PERIOD STYLE IS ALWAYS YOUR MAIN FOCUS
Khafre Seated #1 Seated Scribe
The Great Pyramid of Khafre
Temple Tomb of Queen Hatshepsut
Do you need any assistance with this question?
Send us your paper details now
We’ll find the best professional writer for you!
"We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before we can also do it for you."
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
Our Service Charter
1. Professional & Expert Writers: Experts Essays only hires the best. Our writers are specially selected and recruited, after which they undergo further training to perfect their skills for specialization purposes. Moreover, our writers are holders of masters and Ph.D. degrees. They have impressive academic records, besides being native English speakers.
2. Top Quality Papers: Our customers are always guaranteed of papers that exceed their expectations. All our writers have +5 years of experience. This implies that all papers are written by individuals who are experts in their fields. In addition, the quality team reviews all the papers before sending them to the customers.
3. Plagiarism-Free Papers: All papers provided by Experts Essays are written from scratch. Appropriate referencing and citation of key information are followed. Plagiarism checkers are used by the Quality assurance team and our editors just to double-check that there are no instances of plagiarism.
4. Timely Delivery: Time wasted is equivalent to a failed dedication and commitment. Experts Essays are known for the timely delivery of any pending customer orders. Customers are well informed of the progress of their papers to ensure they keep track of what the writer is providing before the final draft is sent for grading.
5. Affordable Prices: Our prices are fairly structured to fit in all groups. Any customer willing to place their assignments with us can do so at very affordable prices. In addition, our customers enjoy regular discounts and bonuses.
6. 24/7 Customer Support: At Experts Essays, we have put in place a team of experts who answer all customer inquiries promptly. The best part is the ever-availability of the team. Customers can make inquiries anytime.