Mary Rowlandson, a ministers wife and a white woman captured by a neighboring Indian tribe detailed her experiences during her captivity. These events, real or exaggerated, relate to and contradict the colonists activities and religious trends in the New World. Using Rowlandson, the sermons posted on Blackboard, the Native Americans on Long Island book (via Google Books), the movie Pocahontas, and the class text and notes discuss how Rowlandsons account either contradicts, blends in with, or defends the religious awakenings in the New World (i.e., Salem Witchcraft and The Great Awakening). Moreover, look at these different accounts, fictionalizations, and created national memories to discuss the role of Native Americans in the American psyche.
*hint: you can focus on religion, class, race, all of them, or any of them. Be creative, tell a story, argue a centralized thesis, and support it with rich and precise details.
You must provide a concise analysis. You are not merely summarizing the narrative. Instead, you need to place it within the context of the period, show how it represents life and changes, and what we gain from preserving the moment. You need to have a clear and concise thesis from the start of the essay to guide it.
Your essay CAN NOT use outside sources; you may only use those stated above. The piece is to be typed, double-spaced, no more than five pages but no less than two, and in Times New Roman font. Please include page numbers on each page. Also, remember that you must have a thesis statement. Essays lacking a clear and concise thesis will drop a letter grade.
Moreover, citations are mandatory. You must cite anything not your own, even paraphrased material.
Tips for writing essays:
Do you this as a preposition.
This is good. wrong
This book is good. acceptable
Avoid the passive voice.
The passive voice is any form of the verb to be.
Use the individuals first name on the primary usage, and on subsequent uses, use the last name.
Avoid colloquial and chatty phrases.
Truman was pissed off. wrong
Truman was angry. acceptable
Avoid using the first person.
Use one tab space at the beginning of paragraphs.
Avoid exclamation points.
Have a clear and concrete thesis statement.
Avoid repeating the quotation or question at the beginning of your essay.
Avoid rhetorical questions in formal writing.
Lastly, do not plagiarize. Plagiarism is passing off anothers work as your own. If you do not know what it issee me. And, when in doubt, cite it.
Do not use contractions.
Here is the Rowlandson Doc: https://www.gutenberg.org/files/851/851-h/851-h.ht Other sources stated above you should be able to find/look up.
Do you need any assistance with this question?
Send us your paper details now
We’ll find the best professional writer for you!
"We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before we can also do it for you."
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
Our Service Charter
1. Professional & Expert Writers: Experts Essays only hires the best. Our writers are specially selected and recruited, after which they undergo further training to perfect their skills for specialization purposes. Moreover, our writers are holders of masters and Ph.D. degrees. They have impressive academic records, besides being native English speakers.
2. Top Quality Papers: Our customers are always guaranteed of papers that exceed their expectations. All our writers have +5 years of experience. This implies that all papers are written by individuals who are experts in their fields. In addition, the quality team reviews all the papers before sending them to the customers.
3. Plagiarism-Free Papers: All papers provided by Experts Essays are written from scratch. Appropriate referencing and citation of key information are followed. Plagiarism checkers are used by the Quality assurance team and our editors just to double-check that there are no instances of plagiarism.
4. Timely Delivery: Time wasted is equivalent to a failed dedication and commitment. Experts Essays are known for the timely delivery of any pending customer orders. Customers are well informed of the progress of their papers to ensure they keep track of what the writer is providing before the final draft is sent for grading.
5. Affordable Prices: Our prices are fairly structured to fit in all groups. Any customer willing to place their assignments with us can do so at very affordable prices. In addition, our customers enjoy regular discounts and bonuses.
6. 24/7 Customer Support: At Experts Essays, we have put in place a team of experts who answer all customer inquiries promptly. The best part is the ever-availability of the team. Customers can make inquiries anytime.