The Midterm Exam consists of two essay questions referring to material covered during the first six weeks of the course. The questions ask you to analyze films using concepts introduced in this class. In answering the questions, feel free to draw on the class screeningsand also the course reading assignments and weekly lecture videosto back up your points.
When citing sources, there is no need to include a formal bibliography or list of works cited. To refer to a lecture video, use parentheses, as in: (Lecture Video 3.1). To refer to a reading assignment, cite the author and page number at the end of the sentence using parentheses, as in the following: (Corrigan and White, 83).
Keep in mind that you dont need to include quotations from the book and lectures when analyzing a film. When quoting from the textbook or video lectures, try to do so sparingly. Limit yourself to relatively short quotes, and remember to integrate them into your analysis of the film. In other words, if you include a quotation, be explicit about how it supports your ideas on the film.
Each essay ought to include between 800 and 1,100 words. (If you write a bit morei.e., up to 1,300 wordsthats ok.) Keep in mind that the 800-1,100 words refers to one answer and the exam requires that you provide answers to two questions. This means that the entire exam ought to contain 1,600 to 2,200 words. Please write in full, grammatically correct sentences.
1. Choose a scene, or scene fragment, from the first half hour of either In the Mood for Love (2000), Black Panther (2018) or Boyhood (2014) and analyze its editing as an example of the continuity style discussed in the chapter on film editing (pages 165-174). Does the scene illustrate the 180 degree rule? Does it contain a match on action, an eyeline match, a shot/reverse shot pattern, a graphic match, a reaction shot, and/or a point of view shot? Describe examples of these techniques. (You dont have to discuss all the techniques, just the ones relevant to the scene youve chosen.) Does the scene exhibit any techniques that seem uncharacteristic of continuity editing?
Do you need any assistance with this question?
Send us your paper details now
We’ll find the best professional writer for you!
"We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before we can also do it for you."
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
Our Service Charter
1. Professional & Expert Writers: Experts Essays only hires the best. Our writers are specially selected and recruited, after which they undergo further training to perfect their skills for specialization purposes. Moreover, our writers are holders of masters and Ph.D. degrees. They have impressive academic records, besides being native English speakers.
2. Top Quality Papers: Our customers are always guaranteed of papers that exceed their expectations. All our writers have +5 years of experience. This implies that all papers are written by individuals who are experts in their fields. In addition, the quality team reviews all the papers before sending them to the customers.
3. Plagiarism-Free Papers: All papers provided by Experts Essays are written from scratch. Appropriate referencing and citation of key information are followed. Plagiarism checkers are used by the Quality assurance team and our editors just to double-check that there are no instances of plagiarism.
4. Timely Delivery: Time wasted is equivalent to a failed dedication and commitment. Experts Essays are known for the timely delivery of any pending customer orders. Customers are well informed of the progress of their papers to ensure they keep track of what the writer is providing before the final draft is sent for grading.
5. Affordable Prices: Our prices are fairly structured to fit in all groups. Any customer willing to place their assignments with us can do so at very affordable prices. In addition, our customers enjoy regular discounts and bonuses.
6. 24/7 Customer Support: At Experts Essays, we have put in place a team of experts who answer all customer inquiries promptly. The best part is the ever-availability of the team. Customers can make inquiries anytime.