You work for a clothing distributor that has locations in Iowa, Minnesota, and Wisconsin. You will use date and logical functions to complete the main employee data set, use database functions to calculate key summary statistics and create a map, and use financial functions to complete a loan amortization table.
Start Excel. Download and open the file named Exp22_Excel_Ch07_ML2_Employees.xlsx. Grader has automatically added your last name to the beginning of the filename.
Column D contains the city each employee works in. You want to display the state.
Make sure the Data worksheet is active. In cell G7, insert the SWITCH function to evaluate the city stored in cell D7. In this sequence, switch Des Moines for Iowa, St. Paul for Minnesota, and Milwaukee for Wisconsin. Use mixed references for the state names in the range A2:A4. Copy the function from cell G7 to the range G8:G31.
Column C contains the actual hire dates for the employees. You want to extract only the year in column H.
In cell H7, insert the YEAR function to extract the year from the Hire Date in cell C7. Copy the function from cell H7 to the range H8:H31.
Next, you want to determine how many years each employee has worked for the company.
In cell I7, insert the YEARFRAC function to calculate the years between the first employees Hire Date and the last day of the year contained in cell C2. Use a mixed reference appropriately. Copy the function from cell I7 to the range I8:I31.
You want to determine what day of the week each employee was hired.
In cell J7, insert the WEEKDAY function to display the day of the week for the first employees Hire Date. Copy the function from cell J7 to the range J8:J31.
The values returned in the range J7:J31 are whole numbers. You want to display the result as the actual weekday names.
Format the range J7:J31 as a custom number format dddd.
Employees are scheduled for a six-month review based on their hiring month.
In cell K7, insert the EDATE function to identify the month that is six months from the first employees Hire Date. Copy the function to the range K8:K31.
Your next task is to calculate the bonus for the first employee. If the employees Performance Score is greater than or equal to 4.5, the bonus is $3,000. If the Performance Score is 4.0-4.9, the bonus is $2,000. If the Performance Score is 3.0-3.9, the bonus is $1,000. No bonus is given if the Performance Score is below 3.0.
In cell L7, insert the IFS function to enter the bonus based on the Performance Score for the first employee. Use the respective scores stored in cells E2, E3, and E4 for the individual logical tests. Use the respective bonuses in cells F2, F3, and F4 to return the correct bonus. If none of the logical tests are true, the result should be 0. Use mixed references appropriately. Copy the function to the range L8:L31.
Management decided to give an equity salary adjustment for Representatives who earn less than $80,000. The salary adjustment is 2% of the current salary if the conditions are met.
In cell M7, nest an AND function within an IF function. If the job title is Representative and the salary is less than the minimum representative salary (cell C3), multiply the Salary by 2% (cell C4). If both conditions are not met, return zero. Use a mixed reference to cells C3 and C4. Copy the function from cell M7 to the range M8:M31.
The last column of the Data worksheet is to to calculate the future value of a retirement investment based on the first employees salary, 5% APR, four years, at 3%.
In cell N7, insert the FV function. Use the variables in the range N2:N4 in the FV arguments. The rate is the APR divided by 12 months in a year, and the number of payment periods is the number of years multiplied by 12 months in a year. Use mixed cell references appropriately. Make sure the functions returns a positive result. Copy the function to the range N8:N31.
You want to display the number of employees who earned each bonus level in the range G2:G4.
In cell G2, insert the COUNTIF function that counts the number of $3,000 bonuses in the range L7:L31 using mixed references. Use the bonus in cell F2 as the criteria. Copy the function to the range G3:G4 and preserve the border in cell G4.
Next, you want to calculate the total bonuses.
In cell H2, insert the SUMIF function that calculates the total of the $3,000 bonuses in the range L7:L31 using mixed references. Use the bonus in cell F2 as the criteria. Copy the function to the range H3:H4 and preserve the border in cell H4.
Next, you want to calculate the average salary for representatives by city.
In cell J2, insert the AVERAGEIFS function to calculate the average salary (range E7:E31) for employees with the job title Representative who work in St. Paul. Use cell I2 as the criteria for the City. Copy the function to the range J3:J4 and preserve the border in cell J4.
Now you want to calculate the highest salary for representatives in each city.
In cell K2, insert the MAXIFS function to display the highest salary for employees with the job title Representative who work in St. Paul. Use cell I2 as the criteria for the City. Copy the function to the range K3:K4 and preserve the border in cell K4.
Now you want to calculate the lowest salary for representatives in each city.
In cell L2, insert the MINIFS function to display the highest salary for employees with the job title Representative who work in St. Paul. Use cell I2 as the criteria for the City. Copy the function to the range L3:L4 and preserve the border in cell L4.
The Map worksheet contains the average representative salary by state. You will create a map from this data.
Select the range B1:C4 and insert a filled map. Cut the map chart and paste it in cell D1. Set a 2.75? height and 4? width.
Now you will complete the map by adding a title and formatting the data series.
Change the map title to Average Rep Salary. Display the Format Data Series task pane, select the option to display only regions with data, and show all labels. Close the task pane.
The Days Hours worksheet contains a list of starting and stopping days that employees took vacations. You want to count the number of actual work days on vacation.
In cell D4, insert the NETWORKDAYS function to calculate the number of working days between the vacation start and end dates. Use 7/4/2024 (cell C1) as a holiday. Copy the function to the range D5:D12.
The next section of the Days Hours worksheet contains the start and stop times that employees worked on a special project. You want to calculate the number of hours worked.
In cell H4, insert the HOUR function to calculate hours difference between the end and start times. Copy the function to the range H5:H12.
To complete the worksheet, you will calculate the difference in minutes between the start and stop times on the special project.
In cell I4, insert the MINUTE function to calculate minutes difference between the end and start times. Copy the function to the range I5:I12.
Save and close Exp22_Excel_Ch07_ML2_Employees.xlsx. Exit Excel. Submit the file as directed.
Do you need any assistance with this question?
Send us your paper details now
We’ll find the best professional writer for you!
"We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before we can also do it for you."
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
Our Service Charter
1. Professional & Expert Writers: Experts Essays only hires the best. Our writers are specially selected and recruited, after which they undergo further training to perfect their skills for specialization purposes. Moreover, our writers are holders of masters and Ph.D. degrees. They have impressive academic records, besides being native English speakers.
2. Top Quality Papers: Our customers are always guaranteed of papers that exceed their expectations. All our writers have +5 years of experience. This implies that all papers are written by individuals who are experts in their fields. In addition, the quality team reviews all the papers before sending them to the customers.
3. Plagiarism-Free Papers: All papers provided by Experts Essays are written from scratch. Appropriate referencing and citation of key information are followed. Plagiarism checkers are used by the Quality assurance team and our editors just to double-check that there are no instances of plagiarism.
4. Timely Delivery: Time wasted is equivalent to a failed dedication and commitment. Experts Essays are known for the timely delivery of any pending customer orders. Customers are well informed of the progress of their papers to ensure they keep track of what the writer is providing before the final draft is sent for grading.
5. Affordable Prices: Our prices are fairly structured to fit in all groups. Any customer willing to place their assignments with us can do so at very affordable prices. In addition, our customers enjoy regular discounts and bonuses.
6. 24/7 Customer Support: At Experts Essays, we have put in place a team of experts who answer all customer inquiries promptly. The best part is the ever-availability of the team. Customers can make inquiries anytime.