Homework 6 Stock Valuation
Mucho Manufacturing is a mature firm in the machine tool component industry. The firms most recent common stock dividend was $4.75 per share. Because of its maturity as well as its stable sales and earnings, the firms management feels that dividends will remain at the current level for the foreseeable future.
If the required return is 12%, what will be the value of Scottos common stock?
If the firms risk as perceived by market participants suddenly increase, causing the required return to rise to 21%, what will be the common stock value?
Judging on the basis of your findings in parts a and b, what impact does risk have on value? Explain.
White Drums, Inc., is a well-established supplier of fine percussion instruments to orchestras all over the United States. The companys class A common stock has paid a dividend of $2.50 per share per year for the last 30 years. Management expects to continue to pay at that amount for the foreseeable future. Sally Talbot purchased 1,000 shares of Moon class A common 10 years ago at a time when the required rate of return for the stock was 12%. She wants to sell her share today. The current required rate of return for the stock is 16%. How much capital gain or loss will Sally have on her shares?
Use the constant-growth model (Gordon growth model) to find the value of each firm shown in the following table.
A7X Corp. just paid a dividend of $1.55 per share. The dividends are expected to grow at 2l percent for the next eight years and then level off to a growth rate of 3.5 percent indefinitely. If the required return is l2 percent, what is the price of the stock today?
Ignatius Industries is considering going public but is unsure of a fair offering price for the company. Before hiring an investment banker to assist in making the public offering, managers at Ignatius have decided to make their own estimate of the firms common stock value. The firms CFO has gathered data for performing the valuating using the free cash flow valuation model.
The firms weighted average cost of capital is 15%, and it has $2,500,000 of debt at market value and $950,000 of preferred stock at its assumed market value. The estimated free cash flows over the next 5 year, 2017 through 2021, are given below. Beyond 2021 to infinity, the firm expects its free cash flow to grow by 3% annually.
Estimate the value of Ignatius Industries entire company by using the free cash flow valuation model.
Use your finding in part a, along with the data provided above, to find Ignatius Industries common stock value.
If the firm plans to issue 100,000 shares of common stock, what is its estimated value per share?
Eric Enterprises stock has a required return of 16.8%. The company, which plans to pay a dividend of $3.75 per share in the coming year, anticipates that its future dividends will increase at an annual rate consistent with that experienced over the 2015-2021 period, when the following dividends were paid:
Div per Shr
If the risk-free rate is 4%, what is the risk premium on Erics stock?
Using the constant-growth model, estimate the value of Erics stock.
Explain what effect, if any, a decrease in the risk premium would have on the value of Erics stock.
Some videos you may find helpful.
Calculating the Dividend Growth Rate
Variable Growth Model
Do you need any assistance with this question?
Send us your paper details now
We’ll find the best professional writer for you!
"We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before we can also do it for you."
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
Our Service Charter
1. Professional & Expert Writers: Experts Essays only hires the best. Our writers are specially selected and recruited, after which they undergo further training to perfect their skills for specialization purposes. Moreover, our writers are holders of masters and Ph.D. degrees. They have impressive academic records, besides being native English speakers.
2. Top Quality Papers: Our customers are always guaranteed of papers that exceed their expectations. All our writers have +5 years of experience. This implies that all papers are written by individuals who are experts in their fields. In addition, the quality team reviews all the papers before sending them to the customers.
3. Plagiarism-Free Papers: All papers provided by Experts Essays are written from scratch. Appropriate referencing and citation of key information are followed. Plagiarism checkers are used by the Quality assurance team and our editors just to double-check that there are no instances of plagiarism.
4. Timely Delivery: Time wasted is equivalent to a failed dedication and commitment. Experts Essays are known for the timely delivery of any pending customer orders. Customers are well informed of the progress of their papers to ensure they keep track of what the writer is providing before the final draft is sent for grading.
5. Affordable Prices: Our prices are fairly structured to fit in all groups. Any customer willing to place their assignments with us can do so at very affordable prices. In addition, our customers enjoy regular discounts and bonuses.
6. 24/7 Customer Support: At Experts Essays, we have put in place a team of experts who answer all customer inquiries promptly. The best part is the ever-availability of the team. Customers can make inquiries anytime.