You are recently hired at a sleep research company to perform statistical calculations. Your boss has assigned you two hypothesis tests to run.
Part One Hypothesis TestsFor the assignment, complete hypothesis tests of the two situations listed below by:
Constructing an 8-step hypothesis test, showing all calculations,
Including both the critical value method and the p-value method in your calculations.
Using the correct terminology and interpretation of the resulting confidence interval for each test.
Hypothesis Test Situation 1It has been reported that the mean amount of sleep that adults receive is 7 hours per night. Your boss has asked you to look into this statistic by running your own study. You gather 49 adults and find the following information. The mean amount of sleep was 6.2 hours with a standard deviation of 1.8 hours. Based on your results, you claim that adults receive less than 7 hours of sleep. Test your claim with a 0.05 significance level.
Hypothesis Tests Situation 2Your boss also would like you to look at average sleep for a specific age range (between 35 and 44 years of age). It has been previously reported that 38.3% of adults in this age range receive the recommended amount of sleep per night (at least 7 hours). You decide to test this claim by gathering 32 adults between the ages of 35 and 44 years old. In the sample, you find that 15 of the participants receive at least 7 hours of sleep. Test the claim that more than 38.3% of adults get the recommended amount of sleep per night with a significance level of 0.01.
Part Two Hypothesis ErrorsAfter you have completed your hypothesis tests, in a separate paragraph,
Explain the possible error(s) that could have occurred and what they imply for each test.
Explain how you might prevent the error(s) from occurring in future hypothesis tests.
Do you need any assistance with this question?
Send us your paper details now
We’ll find the best professional writer for you!
"We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before we can also do it for you."
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
Our Service Charter
1. Professional & Expert Writers: Experts Essays only hires the best. Our writers are specially selected and recruited, after which they undergo further training to perfect their skills for specialization purposes. Moreover, our writers are holders of masters and Ph.D. degrees. They have impressive academic records, besides being native English speakers.
2. Top Quality Papers: Our customers are always guaranteed of papers that exceed their expectations. All our writers have +5 years of experience. This implies that all papers are written by individuals who are experts in their fields. In addition, the quality team reviews all the papers before sending them to the customers.
3. Plagiarism-Free Papers: All papers provided by Experts Essays are written from scratch. Appropriate referencing and citation of key information are followed. Plagiarism checkers are used by the Quality assurance team and our editors just to double-check that there are no instances of plagiarism.
4. Timely Delivery: Time wasted is equivalent to a failed dedication and commitment. Experts Essays are known for the timely delivery of any pending customer orders. Customers are well informed of the progress of their papers to ensure they keep track of what the writer is providing before the final draft is sent for grading.
5. Affordable Prices: Our prices are fairly structured to fit in all groups. Any customer willing to place their assignments with us can do so at very affordable prices. In addition, our customers enjoy regular discounts and bonuses.
6. 24/7 Customer Support: At Experts Essays, we have put in place a team of experts who answer all customer inquiries promptly. The best part is the ever-availability of the team. Customers can make inquiries anytime.