In this project, you will demonstrate your mastery of the following competencies:
Demonstrate effective management skills and practices in diverse, distributed, and collaborative work environments
Explain the interrelatedness of the functions and forms of organizations
Imagine you are a new manager at the SNHU Pet Supply Company. The company has grown from a small, local pet-supply company into a large organization with locations in Manchester, New Hampshire and Denver, Colorado. It also employs remote staff. The manager you are replacing was with the team for two years and left on negative terms, which exacerbated an already concerning team culture.
You have been asked to present a management plan that addresses identified areas of concern, rebuilds the teams culture, and aligns organizational practices to leadership.
Leadership has provided you with a management brief that outlines the key pieces of information you will need in order to make informed recommendations.
Use course resources and the information provided in the Project One Management Brief (located in the Supporting Materials section) to develop recommendations that will meet the needs of your new team and align with your organizations mission, vision, culture statement, and goals.
Use the Presentation Template to create presentation slides that highlight key pieces of information, and use the Speaker Notes Template to outline what you would say when presenting your recommendations in a future meeting with leadership. Both templates are located in the What to Submit section.
Specifically, you must address the following rubric criteria:
Team ManagementLeadership and Management: Describe leadership and management practices that you feel would be best suited to manage the team. Explain why you believe these practices are in alignment with the organizations mission, culture, and goals, as well as how they would be effective in improving the teams culture.
Followership: Explain how you would leverage your strengths as a leader to strengthen the teams effectiveness and culture. Also explain how your strengths could be used to develop followership within your team.
Decision-Making Models: Describe decision-making models that you believe will be the most effective for the team and management approach and their alignment with the organization, as well as how they would be effective in improving the teams culture.
Emotional Intelligence: Describe considerations for ensuring your management practices are emotionally intelligent and inclusive of diverse perspectives, needs, and roles within your team. Explain why you believe they are in alignment with the organization and how they would be effective in improving the teams culture.
Communication and Collaboration Across FunctionsForms and Functions: Explain how the various forms and functions of the organization impact the team; also explain how the team impacts the various forms and functions across the organization.
Communication Practices: Describe the strengths and weaknesses of the current communication practices being used across functions, and recommend better ways to communicate that meet the organizations needs.
Organizational Mission, Vision, and Goals: Explain the general purpose of organizational missions, culture statements, and goals and what these three things say about the way an organization should operate. Take organizational structure, leadership and management approaches, and diversity and inclusion practices into account when considering an operation.
What to Submit
To complete this project, you must submit the following:
Template: Presentation Template PPT
Your presentation should be between 7 to 10 slides in length, not including the title and references slides. Sources should be cited according to APA style.
Template: Speaker Notes Template Word Document
Use complete sentences to outline what you would say in a verbal presentation. Sources should be cited according to APA style.
The following resource supports your work on the project:
Reading: Project One Management Brief PDF
This document provides an overview of the teams current management and leadership practices and its existing team culture. Review this information to complete your project.
A text-only version of the image in this resource is available: Project One Management Brief Text-Only Version Word Document.
Do you need any assistance with this question?
Send us your paper details now
We’ll find the best professional writer for you!
"We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before we can also do it for you."
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
Our Service Charter
1. Professional & Expert Writers: Experts Essays only hires the best. Our writers are specially selected and recruited, after which they undergo further training to perfect their skills for specialization purposes. Moreover, our writers are holders of masters and Ph.D. degrees. They have impressive academic records, besides being native English speakers.
2. Top Quality Papers: Our customers are always guaranteed of papers that exceed their expectations. All our writers have +5 years of experience. This implies that all papers are written by individuals who are experts in their fields. In addition, the quality team reviews all the papers before sending them to the customers.
3. Plagiarism-Free Papers: All papers provided by Experts Essays are written from scratch. Appropriate referencing and citation of key information are followed. Plagiarism checkers are used by the Quality assurance team and our editors just to double-check that there are no instances of plagiarism.
4. Timely Delivery: Time wasted is equivalent to a failed dedication and commitment. Experts Essays are known for the timely delivery of any pending customer orders. Customers are well informed of the progress of their papers to ensure they keep track of what the writer is providing before the final draft is sent for grading.
5. Affordable Prices: Our prices are fairly structured to fit in all groups. Any customer willing to place their assignments with us can do so at very affordable prices. In addition, our customers enjoy regular discounts and bonuses.
6. 24/7 Customer Support: At Experts Essays, we have put in place a team of experts who answer all customer inquiries promptly. The best part is the ever-availability of the team. Customers can make inquiries anytime.