Think of the essay as your opportunity to demonstrate two things: (1) that youve been participating in the course, taken careful notes, done all the readings, and thought seriously about course topics and themes; and (2) that you can analyze a wide range of course materials and can mobilize them in defense of a particular analysis and argument.
In the Prologue to his book Stamped From the Beginning, Ibram X. Kendi makes the following claim: I was taught the popular folktale of racism: that ignorant and hateful people had produced racist ideas, and that these racist people had instituted racist policies. But when I learned the motives behind the production of many of Americas most influentially racist ideas, it became quite obvious that this folktale, though sensible, was not based on a firm footing of historical evidence. Ignorance/ hate racist ideas > discrimination: this causal relationship is largely ahistorical. It has actually been the inverse relationship racial discrimination led to racist ideas which led to ignorance and hate. Racial discrimination > racist ideas ignorance/ hate: this is the causal relationship driving Americas history of race relations (9).
Please use evidence from the lectures, documentaries, and readings from this semester to answer the following:
Given what you have learned so far this semester, do you agree with Kendis claim that the causal relationship driving Americas history of race relations [can be described as] racial discrimination led to racist ideas which led to ignorance and hate?
Word Count: 1000 words, minimum (please include this on your submission). There is no maximum word limit.
Sources: Please provide as many examples as possible from the course materials to support your position. NO outside sources are permitted.
Citations: You may use whatever citation format you are most comfortable with. You will not lost points for incorrect formatting the main purpose of the citations is to make it clear to me which source you are referencing. For example, if you are citing a lecture, something like (Lahey, Lecture 7) is fine. Please provide a works cited at the end of the document.
There are 5 more lectures to use for reference that I will link in the text chat. It isnt working right now
Do you need any assistance with this question?
Send us your paper details now
We’ll find the best professional writer for you!
"We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before we can also do it for you."
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
Our Service Charter
1. Professional & Expert Writers: Experts Essays only hires the best. Our writers are specially selected and recruited, after which they undergo further training to perfect their skills for specialization purposes. Moreover, our writers are holders of masters and Ph.D. degrees. They have impressive academic records, besides being native English speakers.
2. Top Quality Papers: Our customers are always guaranteed of papers that exceed their expectations. All our writers have +5 years of experience. This implies that all papers are written by individuals who are experts in their fields. In addition, the quality team reviews all the papers before sending them to the customers.
3. Plagiarism-Free Papers: All papers provided by Experts Essays are written from scratch. Appropriate referencing and citation of key information are followed. Plagiarism checkers are used by the Quality assurance team and our editors just to double-check that there are no instances of plagiarism.
4. Timely Delivery: Time wasted is equivalent to a failed dedication and commitment. Experts Essays are known for the timely delivery of any pending customer orders. Customers are well informed of the progress of their papers to ensure they keep track of what the writer is providing before the final draft is sent for grading.
5. Affordable Prices: Our prices are fairly structured to fit in all groups. Any customer willing to place their assignments with us can do so at very affordable prices. In addition, our customers enjoy regular discounts and bonuses.
6. 24/7 Customer Support: At Experts Essays, we have put in place a team of experts who answer all customer inquiries promptly. The best part is the ever-availability of the team. Customers can make inquiries anytime.