As described in JAC, the goal of an annotated bibliography is to record what you read and inform the reader of the relevance, accuracy, and quality of your sources. For this assignment, you will create a list of 6 sources that are related to your area of inquiry. At least 4 of these sources must be from peer-reviewed academic journals. At least 1 source should be from a newspaper. Your target audience is other scholars and researchers.
In the annotated bibliography, the sources should be listed in APA or MLA formatting (you can choose either styleMLA is more for the humanities and APA is more for the social sciences, so I recommend you pick the style more common in your major). Each source should be followed by a 200-250 word paragraph description. You can think of the annotated bibliography as a reference list + descriptions.
Each annotation should include:
a description of the source type/genre (academic or non-academic? journal article? newspaper article? website?)
a statement on the source credibility, including information about the publisher
a brief statement on the main claim/conclusion of the article
a statement on the relevance of the source for your area of inquiry
a comment on how this source relates to other sources youve found (is it making the same claims? Is it disagreeing with or saying something different than other sources in your bibliography?). This section will help you start thinking about how you will put the sources in conversation with each other in the Literature Review, which is the first section of your Research Paper that youll write this semester.
Formatting Specifications: The document you submit should be single-spaced using 12-point Times New Roman and one-inch margins. The article citations should follow APA or MLA format (including a hanging indent). There should be a line break between the citation and the annotation. The annotations should be indented (in MS Word, click tab before the first line and then click tab again before the second line and this will indent the entire annotation).
Reflective Cover Letter
In addition to submitting the annotated bibliography, I would like you to submit a reflective cover letter. This 300-400 word text should be written as a letter to me. Youll begin with Dear Professor Sarraf and conclude with Sincerely, YourName. In this letter, youll want to reflect on your experience with this unit.
While you are not required to answer any or all of these questions, they will provide you with a starting point if you arent sure what to say in the letter:
What was it like to locate your sources and draft the annotations?
How do you feel about the annotated bibliography? What strengths and weaknesses do you see throughout?
Is there anything youd like me to know about the bibliography, or any kinds of specific feedback youd like to receive on it?
How are you feeling about research writing in general and the specific task you will be accomplishing in this course?
What did you learn from this process that you could transfer to future assignments in this class or other classes?
Write this as a cover letter with several well developed paragraphs. I will read your cover letter before I read your bibliography and use it to inform my feedback of the bibliography.
The annotated bibliography will be revised and included in your final portfolio, which is worth 70% of your course grade. Failure to submit the cover letter will result in an incomplete grade.
Below you will find a list of criteria that I will use as I read your bibliography:
6 sources appear in the bibliography
At least 1 source is from a newspaper
At least 4 sources are from peer-reviewed academic journals
Source citations follow APA or MLA formatting
Annotations accurately identify the source type and credibility
Annotations accurately identify the main claim
Annotations describe the relevance of the source for the area of inquiry
Annotations describe the relationship between the source and other sources listed on the bibliography
This is the research top exploration you wrote for me last time. It contains the topic that you need 6 sources for it
Do you need any assistance with this question?
Send us your paper details now
We’ll find the best professional writer for you!
"We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before we can also do it for you."
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
Our Service Charter
1. Professional & Expert Writers: Experts Essays only hires the best. Our writers are specially selected and recruited, after which they undergo further training to perfect their skills for specialization purposes. Moreover, our writers are holders of masters and Ph.D. degrees. They have impressive academic records, besides being native English speakers.
2. Top Quality Papers: Our customers are always guaranteed of papers that exceed their expectations. All our writers have +5 years of experience. This implies that all papers are written by individuals who are experts in their fields. In addition, the quality team reviews all the papers before sending them to the customers.
3. Plagiarism-Free Papers: All papers provided by Experts Essays are written from scratch. Appropriate referencing and citation of key information are followed. Plagiarism checkers are used by the Quality assurance team and our editors just to double-check that there are no instances of plagiarism.
4. Timely Delivery: Time wasted is equivalent to a failed dedication and commitment. Experts Essays are known for the timely delivery of any pending customer orders. Customers are well informed of the progress of their papers to ensure they keep track of what the writer is providing before the final draft is sent for grading.
5. Affordable Prices: Our prices are fairly structured to fit in all groups. Any customer willing to place their assignments with us can do so at very affordable prices. In addition, our customers enjoy regular discounts and bonuses.
6. 24/7 Customer Support: At Experts Essays, we have put in place a team of experts who answer all customer inquiries promptly. The best part is the ever-availability of the team. Customers can make inquiries anytime.