Two of the most important historical-thinking skills you can develop are how to recognize bias (in yourself and in others) and how to synthesize a broad range of sources/perspectives to determine what actually happened or what is factual.
Sometimes it is easy to forget that people make/write history (in the past and today) and that when done well, historical writing (and the news) should be a blend of many stories, not just that of one person, group, or perspective. Unfortunately, that is not always the case, especially during this era of Fake News and Alternative Facts.
Watch two videos on Fake News, Confirmation Bias, and the Danger of the Single Story. This will take about 25 minutes.
Answer the following questions:
What are the consequences of fake news? There are a couple of ways to think about this:
What can happen as a result of people believing false news reports/information?
What can happen when government leaders claim that substantiated, factual information is fake news?
When answering provide a real-world example. Please do not use the same example discussed in Stephanie Busaris video.
How does bias, including confirmation bias, impact how we find and view information?
How can we lessen or reduce the impact our biases have on how we process information?
What are some of the dangers of trying to understand a situation/event/group of people when you only know one story about it/them?
Do you need any assistance with this question?
Send us your paper details now
We’ll find the best professional writer for you!
"We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before we can also do it for you."
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
Our Service Charter
1. Professional & Expert Writers: Experts Essays only hires the best. Our writers are specially selected and recruited, after which they undergo further training to perfect their skills for specialization purposes. Moreover, our writers are holders of masters and Ph.D. degrees. They have impressive academic records, besides being native English speakers.
2. Top Quality Papers: Our customers are always guaranteed of papers that exceed their expectations. All our writers have +5 years of experience. This implies that all papers are written by individuals who are experts in their fields. In addition, the quality team reviews all the papers before sending them to the customers.
3. Plagiarism-Free Papers: All papers provided by Experts Essays are written from scratch. Appropriate referencing and citation of key information are followed. Plagiarism checkers are used by the Quality assurance team and our editors just to double-check that there are no instances of plagiarism.
4. Timely Delivery: Time wasted is equivalent to a failed dedication and commitment. Experts Essays are known for the timely delivery of any pending customer orders. Customers are well informed of the progress of their papers to ensure they keep track of what the writer is providing before the final draft is sent for grading.
5. Affordable Prices: Our prices are fairly structured to fit in all groups. Any customer willing to place their assignments with us can do so at very affordable prices. In addition, our customers enjoy regular discounts and bonuses.
6. 24/7 Customer Support: At Experts Essays, we have put in place a team of experts who answer all customer inquiries promptly. The best part is the ever-availability of the team. Customers can make inquiries anytime.