Diversity Discussion Board
Competency 2: Engage Diversity and Difference in Practice
Social workers understand how diversity and difference characterize and shape the human experience and are critical to the formation of identity.
The dimensions of diversity are understood as the intersectionality of multiple factors including but not limited to age, class, color, culture, disability and ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, immigration status, marital status, political ideology, race, religion/spirituality, sex, sexual orientation, and tribal sovereign status.
Social workers understand that, as a consequence of difference, a persons life experiences may include oppression, poverty, marginalization, and alienation as well as privilege, power, and acclaim. Social workers also understand the forms and mechanisms of oppression and discrimination and recognize the extent to which a cultures structures and values, including social, economic, political, and cultural exclusions, may oppress, marginalize, alienate, or create privilege and power.
Apply and communicate understanding of the importance of diversity and difference in shaping life experiences in practice at the micro, mezzo, and macro levels;
Present themselves as learners and engage clients and constituencies as experts of their own experiences; and
Apply self-awareness and self-regulation to manage the influence of personal biases and values in working with diverse clients and constituencies.
Drawing on the above competency and behaviors, focus on diversity and difference as it relates to the topic you have chosen for your Capstone Project .
CAPSTONE PROJECT IS ::::
Student Connection Center (SCC) is the School Based Youth Services Program . The goal of the SBYSP is to help students navigate their adolescent years, acquire essential life skills, improve their emotional health, and ultimately achieve their educational and life goals.
The program provides comprehensive support and prevention services for students and families, with a strong focus on emotional wellness and academic success. The program serves as a link between the schools, students and families and focuses on all issues related to student health and emotional well-being and offers school-wide programs that raise awareness of resources related to well-being.
The program offers a variety of services, including:
Whole class lessons
Learning support services
*** I AM CURRENTLY INTERNING AT GLASSBORO ELEMENTRY SCHOOL PLEASE USE THIS AS YOUR BASIS***
Describe how you would engage diversity and difference as a social worker when addressing this social problem.
Apply the concepts of cultural competency and cultural humility to how you would approach working with people experiencing this social problem.
How would you enact the behaviors (relevant for this competency; see above) to address this social problem? Provide an example for each behavior you identify.
This will require critical reflection on the competency and behavior within the context of your social problem. For EXAMPLE (DO NOT USE THIS CAPSTONE IS ON THE ABOVE), lets say you are addressing homophobia and coming out as a lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender (LGBT) youth in college as your social problem. How would you suggest social workers educate themselves around LGBT issues? How might social workers self-reflect and identify biases when working with such a population?
Use research to support your claims and arguments. If you cite any outside research, be sure to use APA style in-text citations and references.
Your post should be between 750 and 1500 words.
Do you need any assistance with this question?
Send us your paper details now
We’ll find the best professional writer for you!
"We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before we can also do it for you."
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
Our Service Charter
1. Professional & Expert Writers: Experts Essays only hires the best. Our writers are specially selected and recruited, after which they undergo further training to perfect their skills for specialization purposes. Moreover, our writers are holders of masters and Ph.D. degrees. They have impressive academic records, besides being native English speakers.
2. Top Quality Papers: Our customers are always guaranteed of papers that exceed their expectations. All our writers have +5 years of experience. This implies that all papers are written by individuals who are experts in their fields. In addition, the quality team reviews all the papers before sending them to the customers.
3. Plagiarism-Free Papers: All papers provided by Experts Essays are written from scratch. Appropriate referencing and citation of key information are followed. Plagiarism checkers are used by the Quality assurance team and our editors just to double-check that there are no instances of plagiarism.
4. Timely Delivery: Time wasted is equivalent to a failed dedication and commitment. Experts Essays are known for the timely delivery of any pending customer orders. Customers are well informed of the progress of their papers to ensure they keep track of what the writer is providing before the final draft is sent for grading.
5. Affordable Prices: Our prices are fairly structured to fit in all groups. Any customer willing to place their assignments with us can do so at very affordable prices. In addition, our customers enjoy regular discounts and bonuses.
6. 24/7 Customer Support: At Experts Essays, we have put in place a team of experts who answer all customer inquiries promptly. The best part is the ever-availability of the team. Customers can make inquiries anytime.