Prior to beginning work on this assignment, review Chapter 1 and Chapter 2 in your course textbook, Chapter 3 in the Jarman (2013) e-book, the Week 1 Instructor Guidance, and review the Describing DataLinks to an external site. video and the Khan Academy video on Interquartile Range (IQR)Links to an external site..
This exercise requires the use of a descriptive statistics calculator. You can find this tool in some versions of Excel (as part of the Analysis ToolPak) or you can use one of the many free online descriptive calculators such as the Descriptive Statistics CalculatorLinks to an external site. by Furey (n.d.).
Your instructor will post an announcement with the data set for your Week 1 assignment. (Please look at attachment)
First, use either Excel or the Furey (n.d.) descriptive statistics calculator to calculate the descriptive statistics for the given data set. This is explained in Chapter 1 of your course text.
You should get an output similar to the image in Figure 1.3 from your textbook. This output must contain the following values: mean, standard error, median, mode, standard deviation, sample variance, kurtosis, skewness, range, minimum, maximum, sum, and count.
Next, begin writing your paper by reporting your results for each of the values listed above.
Include the data set, the output from the analysis, and the answers to the following questions:
Evaluate the measures of central tendency. Address the following when completing this component:Which measure of central tendency is most appropriate based on the data type?
Are the mean, median, and mode close to the same value? If not, what does this tell you about the numbers in the set?
Identify any mode(s) in the data set. Is there a mode at all? Is there more than one mode?
Calculate manually the interquartile range and the values of Q1 and Q3. (It is important to calculate this manually because the interquartile range and quartiles output from Calculator Soup might not be accurate.) Address the following when completing this component:Test to see if there are any outliers in the set. If so, which number(s)?
Which method from Section 2.4 of the text did you first use to check for outliers?
Now try the other method from Section 2.4 of the text. Do you come to the same conclusion about outliers in the data set?
Explain which descriptive statistic you think best summarizes this set of numbers and why.
Choose three of the descriptive statistics that you feel best represent this data set. Why were they chosen?
The Descriptive Statistics Data Analysis assignment
Must be two to three double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Writing Centers APA StyleLinks to an external site. resource.
Must include a separate title page with the following:Title of paper
Course name and number
For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Microsoft WordLinks to an external site..
Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear statement that indicates the purpose of your paper, to report and explain your analysis of the data set.
Must use the course text and Excel or the Descriptive Statistics CalculatorLinks to an external site..
Must document any information used from sources in APA Style as outlined in the Writing Centers APA: Citing Within Your PaperLinks to an external site. guide.
Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center. See the APA: Formatting Your References ListLinks to an external site. resource in the Writing Center for specifications.
Do you need any assistance with this question?
Send us your paper details now
We’ll find the best professional writer for you!
"We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before we can also do it for you."
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
Our Service Charter
1. Professional & Expert Writers: Experts Essays only hires the best. Our writers are specially selected and recruited, after which they undergo further training to perfect their skills for specialization purposes. Moreover, our writers are holders of masters and Ph.D. degrees. They have impressive academic records, besides being native English speakers.
2. Top Quality Papers: Our customers are always guaranteed of papers that exceed their expectations. All our writers have +5 years of experience. This implies that all papers are written by individuals who are experts in their fields. In addition, the quality team reviews all the papers before sending them to the customers.
3. Plagiarism-Free Papers: All papers provided by Experts Essays are written from scratch. Appropriate referencing and citation of key information are followed. Plagiarism checkers are used by the Quality assurance team and our editors just to double-check that there are no instances of plagiarism.
4. Timely Delivery: Time wasted is equivalent to a failed dedication and commitment. Experts Essays are known for the timely delivery of any pending customer orders. Customers are well informed of the progress of their papers to ensure they keep track of what the writer is providing before the final draft is sent for grading.
5. Affordable Prices: Our prices are fairly structured to fit in all groups. Any customer willing to place their assignments with us can do so at very affordable prices. In addition, our customers enjoy regular discounts and bonuses.
6. 24/7 Customer Support: At Experts Essays, we have put in place a team of experts who answer all customer inquiries promptly. The best part is the ever-availability of the team. Customers can make inquiries anytime.