The Assignment must be submitted on Blackboard (WORD format only) via allocated folder.
Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented, marks may be reduced for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover page.
Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.
Late submission will NOT be accepted.
Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions.
All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) font. No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism
Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted.
This Assignment comprise of a short Case.
Assignment is to be submitted by each student individually.
Assignment Purposes/Learning Outcomes:
After completion of Assignment two students will able to understand the following LOs:
LO3: To demonstrate a thorough understanding of an HR Strategic planning which includes effective job analysis, recruitment, and selection strategies.
LO4: To have the ability to deliver and communicate HR policies messages in coherent and professional manner.
LO5: To have the ability to carry out objective and scientific analysis of employees performance management.
LO6: To be able to identify and describe the needs of the parties involved in labor relations, and how these needs are balanced.
Read the case given and answer the questions:
Bilal, director of human resources for STARZ and Hussain, store manager for the new Dammam branch store, are sitting on the beach, sipping coffee, and watching the sun set over the Corniche. Bilal salutes his cup to Hussain, We had a great first week!
Hussain agrees, Waleed and Omar couldnt have done it better themselves! Theyre proud of us, I think.
Bilal leans back in his chair, Great guys. I cant believe they only stayed down here two days before turning us loose on our own. How did they start this? How did they get this way?
Hussain, Waleeds son-in-law, says, Sarah [Waleeds daughter] tells a good story. Seems Waleed and Omar have known each other since grade school. They played baseball, football, basketball, stickball. They went fishing, camping, and exploring caves together. They loved all the games. Both had to have other people around to admire them, to be with them. Waleed was happy if everyone played. Omar was happy when they won, especially when they won big. They kept in touch through college, marriage, and kids. They played on community teams and were big in Little League coaching, stuff like that.
When they were about 45 years old, they had all the fame and fortune they wanted and decided to give their childhood another try. Waleed left a job as a radio-television marketing and promotions manager. Omar was a structural engineer for an auto manufacturer. They first started STARZ as a sporting equipment store and used equipment swap for middle-school and high-school teams when their own kids were that age. Sarah remembers getting used softball equipment from the old store.
Bilal stares at the water. Wonder what Ill be doing when I hit the big four-O? I could see myself still at STARZ! I like all the people, and I think people are important. Sports, fitness, balance, are all part of what is important to me. Im okay with not a lot of money. What about you? Hussain looks at him. I think Ill own the business by then. I know how it could be more profitable. We could give leaner commissions and cut some of the benefits. I think it could be a lot bigger. Take on the major franchises. Id like that. Maybe change the name to HUSSAIN STARZ!
Assignment Questions: M.M.15
1. Define career and success for Hussain, Bilal, Waleed, and Omar. (3 Marks)
2. Trace career stages for each of them. (3Marks)
3. What career and employee development activities should Waleed and Omar provide for Hussain and Bilal? (3Marks)
4. Identify Holland vocational preferences for Hussain, Bilal, Waleed, and Omar. (3Marks)
5. Suggest career management strategies that Hussain and Bilal could utilize (3Marks)
Do you need any assistance with this question?
Send us your paper details now
We’ll find the best professional writer for you!
"We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before we can also do it for you."
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
Our Service Charter
1. Professional & Expert Writers: Experts Essays only hires the best. Our writers are specially selected and recruited, after which they undergo further training to perfect their skills for specialization purposes. Moreover, our writers are holders of masters and Ph.D. degrees. They have impressive academic records, besides being native English speakers.
2. Top Quality Papers: Our customers are always guaranteed of papers that exceed their expectations. All our writers have +5 years of experience. This implies that all papers are written by individuals who are experts in their fields. In addition, the quality team reviews all the papers before sending them to the customers.
3. Plagiarism-Free Papers: All papers provided by Experts Essays are written from scratch. Appropriate referencing and citation of key information are followed. Plagiarism checkers are used by the Quality assurance team and our editors just to double-check that there are no instances of plagiarism.
4. Timely Delivery: Time wasted is equivalent to a failed dedication and commitment. Experts Essays are known for the timely delivery of any pending customer orders. Customers are well informed of the progress of their papers to ensure they keep track of what the writer is providing before the final draft is sent for grading.
5. Affordable Prices: Our prices are fairly structured to fit in all groups. Any customer willing to place their assignments with us can do so at very affordable prices. In addition, our customers enjoy regular discounts and bonuses.
6. 24/7 Customer Support: At Experts Essays, we have put in place a team of experts who answer all customer inquiries promptly. The best part is the ever-availability of the team. Customers can make inquiries anytime.