Unit 1: Application Assignment The Net Effect of Policies
Due Sunday by 11:59pm
Submitting a file upload
According to Longest (2010), policies typically create winners and losers. The gains some people enjoy are at the expense of others (Longest, 2010). This expense can be either financial, a problem not being solved, or a desired solution postponed (Longest, 2010). Most officials involved in policy-making seek to maximize their own net political gains. (Longest, 2010). This net gain will be the focus of this assignment.
Longest, B. (2010). Health policymaking in the United States, (5th ed.). Chicago, IL: Health Administration Press.
Unit Learning Outcomes
ULO3: Discuss the process of influencing the direction of a potential healthcare policy (CLO 3).
In view of the reality that most policies create winners and losers, most policy-makers find the best strategy is to give both sides something (Longest, 2010). For example, the winners dont win by a large margin and those on the losing end are not impacted as much as they could be. The Directors in healthcare organizations in and around Hope Spring, IL received notification that a potential policy regarding the required implementation of tele-technologies in all hospitals and satellite clinics is being considered. Your hospital is part of a smaller system that could not possible afford such an expense. You have been assigned to a taskforce that will examine the potential impact of this policy. The taskforce is to come up with a recommendation that provides the best benefit to the organizations and community. This recommendation will be presented to the states legislators. You will first need to research what the various tele-technologies are. You will then need to research the cost, usage, and benefits. The outcomes to consider are 1) few services at a relatively low cost; 2) more services at a higher cost; and 3) many services at a very high cost. Your recommendation should coincide with one of these outcomes. Identify the services that should be provided, the reason why, the benefits, and the negative aspects.
Case Study: The students are expected to carefully read the assignment instructions, then thoroughly and explicitly address each component. The submission should reflect higher-level cognitive processing (analysis, synthesis, and evaluation), which is essential for someone being prepared to serve in an operational capacity within the healthcare and related industry.
To earn the maximum number of points, the submission should reflect college-level execution with clear evidence of critical thinking, synthesis of relevant information from credible sources, and clear mastery of the concepts necessary to successfully execute each component of the assignment.
The submission should not exceed four (4) pages in length, excluding the title and reference list pages, and explicitly address all required components of this assignment.
The document must be double-spaced, adhere to the APA writing style (7th ed.), and include at least three (3) references of credible or peer-reviewed sources to support any suppositions and recommendations.
Finally, the document should be prepared as a Microsoft Word document and uploaded to Submit Assignment.
By Sunday at 11:59 P.M., CT.
Do you need any assistance with this question?
Send us your paper details now
We’ll find the best professional writer for you!
"We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before we can also do it for you."
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
Our Service Charter
1. Professional & Expert Writers: Experts Essays only hires the best. Our writers are specially selected and recruited, after which they undergo further training to perfect their skills for specialization purposes. Moreover, our writers are holders of masters and Ph.D. degrees. They have impressive academic records, besides being native English speakers.
2. Top Quality Papers: Our customers are always guaranteed of papers that exceed their expectations. All our writers have +5 years of experience. This implies that all papers are written by individuals who are experts in their fields. In addition, the quality team reviews all the papers before sending them to the customers.
3. Plagiarism-Free Papers: All papers provided by Experts Essays are written from scratch. Appropriate referencing and citation of key information are followed. Plagiarism checkers are used by the Quality assurance team and our editors just to double-check that there are no instances of plagiarism.
4. Timely Delivery: Time wasted is equivalent to a failed dedication and commitment. Experts Essays are known for the timely delivery of any pending customer orders. Customers are well informed of the progress of their papers to ensure they keep track of what the writer is providing before the final draft is sent for grading.
5. Affordable Prices: Our prices are fairly structured to fit in all groups. Any customer willing to place their assignments with us can do so at very affordable prices. In addition, our customers enjoy regular discounts and bonuses.
6. 24/7 Customer Support: At Experts Essays, we have put in place a team of experts who answer all customer inquiries promptly. The best part is the ever-availability of the team. Customers can make inquiries anytime.