The weekly memo has two components: first, the student should pose two thoughtful questions. Second, the student should briefly comment on the assigned readings. 3 pages (double-spaced)?
Here is the Reading: Signaling in IR
Rediscovering Goffman in IR
*Xiaoyu Pu, Rebranding China: Contested Status Signaling in the Changing Global Order
(Stanford University Press, 2019), chapters 1-2.
*Rebecca Adler-Nissen, Stigma management in international relations: Transgressive identities,
norms, and order in international society. International Organization (2014): 143-176.
*Roseanne W. McManus and Keren Yarhi-Milo. The logic of offstage signaling: Domestic
politics, regime type, and major power-protégé relations. International Organization 71.4
Audience Cost and Costly Signaling
*James Fearon, Rationalist explanations for war. International organization 49.03 (1995):
*James Fearon, Tying Hands versus Sinking Costs: Signaling foreign policy interests tying
hands versus sinking costs. Journal of Conflict Resolution 41.1 (1997): 68-90
*James Fearon, Domestic political audiences and the escalation of international disputes.
American Political Science Review 88.03 (1994): 577-592.
*Jonathan Mercer. Audience costs are toys. Security Studies 21.3 (2012): 398-404.
*Kai Quek, Four Costly Signaling Mechanisms. American Political Science Review 115, no. 2
(May 2021): 53749.
Is Talk Really Cheap?
*Anne E. Sartori, The might of the pen: A reputational theory of communication in international
disputes. International Organization 56.1 (2002): 121-149.
* Marcus Holmes. The force of face-to-face diplomacy: Mirror neurons and the problem of
intentions. International organization (2013): 829-861
Do you need any assistance with this question?
Send us your paper details now
We’ll find the best professional writer for you!
"We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before we can also do it for you."
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
Our Service Charter
1. Professional & Expert Writers: Experts Essays only hires the best. Our writers are specially selected and recruited, after which they undergo further training to perfect their skills for specialization purposes. Moreover, our writers are holders of masters and Ph.D. degrees. They have impressive academic records, besides being native English speakers.
2. Top Quality Papers: Our customers are always guaranteed of papers that exceed their expectations. All our writers have +5 years of experience. This implies that all papers are written by individuals who are experts in their fields. In addition, the quality team reviews all the papers before sending them to the customers.
3. Plagiarism-Free Papers: All papers provided by Experts Essays are written from scratch. Appropriate referencing and citation of key information are followed. Plagiarism checkers are used by the Quality assurance team and our editors just to double-check that there are no instances of plagiarism.
4. Timely Delivery: Time wasted is equivalent to a failed dedication and commitment. Experts Essays are known for the timely delivery of any pending customer orders. Customers are well informed of the progress of their papers to ensure they keep track of what the writer is providing before the final draft is sent for grading.
5. Affordable Prices: Our prices are fairly structured to fit in all groups. Any customer willing to place their assignments with us can do so at very affordable prices. In addition, our customers enjoy regular discounts and bonuses.
6. 24/7 Customer Support: At Experts Essays, we have put in place a team of experts who answer all customer inquiries promptly. The best part is the ever-availability of the team. Customers can make inquiries anytime.