Please read the attached case study detailing the need for a distributed remote management in one application. Use this to frame the answer to the following question.
1. Its critical to monitor the services on your network. If any part of the network is down the network manager needs to be notified right away. We also need to monitor the health of the network and to foresee problems and proactively attend to the network. Perform some research on the Internet and find one monitoring application and provide a summary about its capabilities. This monitoring application can be open source or a commercial based application.
Respond to Austin
The monitoring application that I chose this week is Nagios XI. The Nagios XI application is an open source network monitoring tool that has many capabilities that are essential for any medium or large scale network. Nagios is able to monitor all aspects of the network, including operating systems, network metrics, critical network components, and protocols. This provides the IT team with the relevant data they need to ensure the network is functioning at peak levels. The program also features a very detailed GUI, with multiple directories and menu options neatly configured on screen. The GUI also compiles data into different types of graphs and charts, depending on the data being monitored, and provides a centralized view of all network infrastructure. One very interesting feature of the application is the automated monitoring services that are included within the program. These services are capable of monitoring the current components of the network and their capacity, which allows the IT team to plan for upgrades in advance to keep the network current. This same automated system also provides notifications via email & SMS regarding network outages and details pertaining to the outage. This allows for a timely response so that the outage does not result in a major catastrophe.
Respond to Benjamin
This week I decided to go with the approach of finding the best solution to the question. While this is substantive to an extent, deciding on what the best monitoring software is can be heavily based on preferences. With the differences of user interfaces, and monitoring tools, in theory any monitoring tool should be able to function as well as the next if they are all provided the same information. While every site would claim it is the best, the hope is that a subjective reviewer would test them all out and decide upon the best in category for all of these. The monitoring tool that DNS Stuff decided upon was the Solar Winds ipMonitor. While I have never had to decide on using one, it seems like it has a good user interface, and all of the applications one would like out of a monitoring tool. It has the capability to monitor common ports, end user experiences, hardware health, HTTP statuses, the network itself, the network of virtual machines, and windows services and applications. With the additional ability to monitor end user experiences, it seems like the tool would almost be available to assist web analysts at the same time. With a price range starting at $1500, it seems like it would be a no brainer for any established company to pick up, as it would provide their operators with in-depth information on the critical systems that keep their businesses running, when even a brief lapse in coverage can equate to a loss of thousands of dollars.
Do you need any assistance with this question?
Send us your paper details now
We’ll find the best professional writer for you!
"We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before we can also do it for you."
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
Our Service Charter
1. Professional & Expert Writers: Experts Essays only hires the best. Our writers are specially selected and recruited, after which they undergo further training to perfect their skills for specialization purposes. Moreover, our writers are holders of masters and Ph.D. degrees. They have impressive academic records, besides being native English speakers.
2. Top Quality Papers: Our customers are always guaranteed of papers that exceed their expectations. All our writers have +5 years of experience. This implies that all papers are written by individuals who are experts in their fields. In addition, the quality team reviews all the papers before sending them to the customers.
3. Plagiarism-Free Papers: All papers provided by Experts Essays are written from scratch. Appropriate referencing and citation of key information are followed. Plagiarism checkers are used by the Quality assurance team and our editors just to double-check that there are no instances of plagiarism.
4. Timely Delivery: Time wasted is equivalent to a failed dedication and commitment. Experts Essays are known for the timely delivery of any pending customer orders. Customers are well informed of the progress of their papers to ensure they keep track of what the writer is providing before the final draft is sent for grading.
5. Affordable Prices: Our prices are fairly structured to fit in all groups. Any customer willing to place their assignments with us can do so at very affordable prices. In addition, our customers enjoy regular discounts and bonuses.
6. 24/7 Customer Support: At Experts Essays, we have put in place a team of experts who answer all customer inquiries promptly. The best part is the ever-availability of the team. Customers can make inquiries anytime.