Research Paper Review
Global Supply Chain and Operations Management Final Paper Assignment
For the final assignment for this session, I would like for you to read the two articles (It’s Up To Manufacturers to Keep Their Suppliers Afloat; Bringing Manufacturing Back to the US is Easier Said Than Done). Upon the completion of reading each article, please compile a summarized and opinionated version of the two articles as they relate to one another. For starters, the articles were written at the rise of the pandemic and give several examples of how certain organizations or industries reacted and possibly changed their strategic approach with respect to their suppliers.
The paper should be written using a modified version of the APA style of writing (summarized below), should contain a minimum of three full pages of well-structured, and constructed content about the topic. This will include a title (originally and uniquely created by you), a brief abstract paragraph, an introductory paragraph describing what the body of the paper will represent, three supporting paragraphs, and a conclusion with references, if applicable. Organization this style of paper must include:
• A title – limit your title to a maximum of 12 words and avoid the use of abbreviations and unnecessary words
• An abstract- the abstract should discuss the topic under study, any subjects of the research, the findings/results, and your conclusions
• An introduction- address the problem and premise upon which the paper was based
• Your results (body of the paper; three supporting paragraphs, minimum) – explain what you found and would like or plan to describe that was included in the introduction
• A conclusion- talk about what your findings mean
• References- a list of the sources you cited
APA style manuscript formatting demands the use of double-spacing and 8.5 x 11 paper with 1-inch margins. Times New Roman 12pt font is recommended. There are a large number of specific recommendations for proper manuscript formatting of an APA style paper, which can be found in the APA Manual of Style.
What is APA Citation?
Citation in APA style follows a specific format. In general, you should cite citations in the text and then provide the full citation in the “References” section at the end of your paper. Note that
APA style requires this section to be titled “References.” “Works Cited” or “Bibliography” is not an acceptable alternative in APA style manuscript formatting.
Citation style will differ somewhat depending on whether you are citing a journal article, book, blog entry, news article, conference paper, social media post, or some other type of media. For the sake of a simple example, we will cite a journal article here. In-text Citation Example
1. According to some scholars (Lee, 2005), civil society in South Korea plays a divisive rather than a unifying role in the nation’s fledgling democracy.
2. Lee (2005) argues that civil society in South Korea plays a divisive rather than a unifying role in the nation’s fledgling democracy.
References Citation Example
Lee, S. J. (2005). Democratization and polarization in Korean society. Asian Perspective, 99-125.