Design an Experiment
44 unread replies.1010 replies.
Okay this is one of the hardest things for a lot of students who are not science majors to understand Variables in an experiment.
Read this section of the text firstLinks to an external site.
Design an experiment to test the following hypothesis
The use of stimulants to boost memory for the short term does not help with long term retention .
Tell me what your variables are and how would you test this?
Independent variable what are you going to manipulate in the experiment?
Dependent variable what are you going to measure to see if the manipulation worked?
Subjects who should do this experiment to make it the most successful?
RESPOND TO ANOTHER POST (TO GET FULL CREDIT) ABOUT CONFOUNDS IN THEIR EXPERIMENT!!
All experiments must have some sort of criteria on which they are making a comparison groups or conditions or drugs or really anything BETWEEN individuals or times. Something that you are sure that you are changing.
This criteria is called an Independent Variable this is what you are manipulating in your experiment to determine if the criteria changes a behavior..
Psychology ALWAYS uses some Behavioral measure as the DEPENDENT VARIABLE which is the method of understanding the EFFECT of the criteria from independent variable.
All experiments must have at least one SUBJECT (ideal is 15 subjects per group) this is the person (people) who were are measuring to see how the criteria changes their behavior (more subjects mean more accurate results for most psychology research).
There are always extra variables in our experiment called Confounding Variables which can cause change in the dependent variable that we did not think of. This is the key to a good experiment is CONTROL of as may of these as we can to determine the effect of the Independent Variable on the Dependent variable.
Do you need any assistance with this question?
Send us your paper details now
We’ll find the best professional writer for you!
"We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before we can also do it for you."
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
Our Service Charter
1. Professional & Expert Writers: Experts Essays only hires the best. Our writers are specially selected and recruited, after which they undergo further training to perfect their skills for specialization purposes. Moreover, our writers are holders of masters and Ph.D. degrees. They have impressive academic records, besides being native English speakers.
2. Top Quality Papers: Our customers are always guaranteed of papers that exceed their expectations. All our writers have +5 years of experience. This implies that all papers are written by individuals who are experts in their fields. In addition, the quality team reviews all the papers before sending them to the customers.
3. Plagiarism-Free Papers: All papers provided by Experts Essays are written from scratch. Appropriate referencing and citation of key information are followed. Plagiarism checkers are used by the Quality assurance team and our editors just to double-check that there are no instances of plagiarism.
4. Timely Delivery: Time wasted is equivalent to a failed dedication and commitment. Experts Essays are known for the timely delivery of any pending customer orders. Customers are well informed of the progress of their papers to ensure they keep track of what the writer is providing before the final draft is sent for grading.
5. Affordable Prices: Our prices are fairly structured to fit in all groups. Any customer willing to place their assignments with us can do so at very affordable prices. In addition, our customers enjoy regular discounts and bonuses.
6. 24/7 Customer Support: At Experts Essays, we have put in place a team of experts who answer all customer inquiries promptly. The best part is the ever-availability of the team. Customers can make inquiries anytime.