Case Study: Motivate your employees with incentives that matter to them.
Kris Snyder the founder and CEO of Vox Mobile, the mobile technology management company based in Cleveland, Ohio offers his 130 employees a veritable cafeteria of benefits, compensation, and work assignments. I think of my employees as a cast of characters, says Kris, who is 42. Everyones needs are different, so we cant be a one-size-fits-all [employer].
The majority of Vox Mobiles sales force about 85% are just out of school and on their first or second job. Its leadership team, however, is comprised of people in their 30s and 40s. To appeal to these different age groups, he has developed different sets of employee perks based mainly on where these two age groups are in their personal and professional lives. I noticed that these groups have different motivations and, therefore, they need different incentives, he says. There are no hard and fast rules, but generally speaking, my Gen Y workers want us to fund their LinkedIn accounts; they like things like branded gear and company-sponsored happy hours theyre more social and theyre not going home right after work. Gen Xers dont care about logoed backpacks; instead they are looking at our 401(k) matching plan and our healthcare provisions.
The different incentive packages and perks will likely shift along with the companys demographics, says Kris. As we build and grow and as the company goes through different stages, the makeup of our workforce will change, too, says Kris. We will navigate those changes and experiment with new ways to incentivize employees.
** Source HBR, Managing People from 5 Generations by Rebecca Knight, September 25, 2014
based on above case study answer: Please list 2 different ideas for incentives (along with an explanation) for each of the 5 Generations in the Workplace that would motivate your employees. How can you effectively communicate these various incentives?
Part II: MANAGEMENT QUESTIONS:
Please review your readings and answer the following questions:
How does each generation deal with conflict in the workplace?
How does each generation like to be managed?
How does each generation prefer to communicate?
What skills does each generation bring to the workplace?
How can these unique skills be optimized in the workplace?
As a manager, what can you do to facilitate effectiveness and efficiency in a multi-generational workplace?
Please provide examples from the workplace for each question.
Rules to Follow:
1. Assignment will be 2000 words minimum in length. Part 1 should be minimum 600 words and rest you can manage with part 2
2. Formatting should be double spaced, times new roman, 12 pts font.
3. Plagiarism is not acceptable, make sure to write your own words.
4. Book is attached with the question; use book for referencing and citation in APA 7th edition. Note that proper referencing from the book should be in your assignment,
5. Also reference and cite from other two scholarly sources.
PLEASE FOLLOW THE EXACT INSTRUCTION AS LISTED ABOVE.
Do you need any assistance with this question?
Send us your paper details now
We’ll find the best professional writer for you!
"We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before we can also do it for you."
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
Our Service Charter
1. Professional & Expert Writers: Experts Essays only hires the best. Our writers are specially selected and recruited, after which they undergo further training to perfect their skills for specialization purposes. Moreover, our writers are holders of masters and Ph.D. degrees. They have impressive academic records, besides being native English speakers.
2. Top Quality Papers: Our customers are always guaranteed of papers that exceed their expectations. All our writers have +5 years of experience. This implies that all papers are written by individuals who are experts in their fields. In addition, the quality team reviews all the papers before sending them to the customers.
3. Plagiarism-Free Papers: All papers provided by Experts Essays are written from scratch. Appropriate referencing and citation of key information are followed. Plagiarism checkers are used by the Quality assurance team and our editors just to double-check that there are no instances of plagiarism.
4. Timely Delivery: Time wasted is equivalent to a failed dedication and commitment. Experts Essays are known for the timely delivery of any pending customer orders. Customers are well informed of the progress of their papers to ensure they keep track of what the writer is providing before the final draft is sent for grading.
5. Affordable Prices: Our prices are fairly structured to fit in all groups. Any customer willing to place their assignments with us can do so at very affordable prices. In addition, our customers enjoy regular discounts and bonuses.
6. 24/7 Customer Support: At Experts Essays, we have put in place a team of experts who answer all customer inquiries promptly. The best part is the ever-availability of the team. Customers can make inquiries anytime.