For this Assignment, you will review a policy that has been selected for you and consider how the policy?addresses or does not address the social problem?that?inspired it.
Review?Chapter 7 of the Jansson text.
Review?the?assigned Georgia voting policy,?Election Integrity Act of 2021, from the Learning Resources this week.?
You will use this policy to familiarize yourself with the structure of policy?documents, as well as the?process for?policy?analysisan important foundation before you begin your own policy search for your Social Change Project.?
Review the?Policy Selection Process?document in the Learning Resources this week. This document outlines the search for and selection of?the?Election Integrity Act of 2021you will need to follow a similar?process for your own region or state as part of your Social Change Project.?
Identify the social problem(s) addressed in the?policy.?
Select an excerpt from the policy?that you would changethis could be a small change, like an addition, or a large change, like a complete revision or removalto better alleviate the social problem.?
By Day 7
Submit a 3- to 4-page paper that addresses the following:
Describe the social problem(s) addressed in the policy.
Which areas in the policy indicated the social problem(s) to you?
Why, as a social worker, should you be concerned with the problem(s)?
Are there other problem(s) not directly identified that might be impacted, positively or adversely, by the policy?
What makes a social problem a social work problem?
How can social work practice skills be applied to advocacy and policy that promote change?
Determine who defines the problem.
Who is defining the problem?
What values are reflected in this definition of the problem?
What is being omitted in this definition?
Which population(s) is/are impacted by the problem?
What is the relationship between the social problem(s) and the population(s)? In other words, why are some people impacted by the problem(s) when others are not?
How is/are the population(s) taken into consideration in the policy?
Summarize the excerpt from the policy that you identified as needing change.
What are the strengths of this excerpt in helping to alleviate the social problem? It is okay if you do not see any strengths. Explain why.
What are the limitations of this excerpt in helping to alleviate the social problem(s) for the population(s)?
What specific changes would you make to the excerpt to alleviate the social problem(s) for the population(s)? You can describe the changes or quote direct policy language you would change
Attached below are the pdf of the georgia policy and a copy of the rubric
Do you need any assistance with this question?
Send us your paper details now
We’ll find the best professional writer for you!
"We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before we can also do it for you."
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
Our Service Charter
1. Professional & Expert Writers: Experts Essays only hires the best. Our writers are specially selected and recruited, after which they undergo further training to perfect their skills for specialization purposes. Moreover, our writers are holders of masters and Ph.D. degrees. They have impressive academic records, besides being native English speakers.
2. Top Quality Papers: Our customers are always guaranteed of papers that exceed their expectations. All our writers have +5 years of experience. This implies that all papers are written by individuals who are experts in their fields. In addition, the quality team reviews all the papers before sending them to the customers.
3. Plagiarism-Free Papers: All papers provided by Experts Essays are written from scratch. Appropriate referencing and citation of key information are followed. Plagiarism checkers are used by the Quality assurance team and our editors just to double-check that there are no instances of plagiarism.
4. Timely Delivery: Time wasted is equivalent to a failed dedication and commitment. Experts Essays are known for the timely delivery of any pending customer orders. Customers are well informed of the progress of their papers to ensure they keep track of what the writer is providing before the final draft is sent for grading.
5. Affordable Prices: Our prices are fairly structured to fit in all groups. Any customer willing to place their assignments with us can do so at very affordable prices. In addition, our customers enjoy regular discounts and bonuses.
6. 24/7 Customer Support: At Experts Essays, we have put in place a team of experts who answer all customer inquiries promptly. The best part is the ever-availability of the team. Customers can make inquiries anytime.