As you learn about the processes, procedures, and resources behind crisis intervention, its important to remember that at the center of it all is a real person who needs help. As a practitioner in criminal justice, you will have the ability to lift someone out of trouble and maybe even change their future. To be effective, the crisis intervention team must be prepared with solid administrative processes and procedures in place and team members who understand and follow these processes and procedures.
In this summative assessment, you create your own hypothetical scenario to tell the story of someone with a mental health issue or intellectual disability who is involved in an interaction with the criminal justice system, and to demonstrate the crisis intervention response and the administrative processes and procedures that come into play.
You will share your scenario in next weeks discussion post for others to analyze. Your scenario can have a positive or negative outcome and can show strategies that worked, actions that didnt work, or a combination of both. Use what you learned in your interview during Wk 2 to help frame the reactions and responses.
Review the Kevin Hits Rock Bottom case study in the Learning Activities folder for an example of a criminal justice-related scenario.
Choose a formatting option for your assignment. You may use the Case Study Template, or you can choose to present your case in a different way, such as in audio or video format.
Your written case study (or the script if you use an audio or video format) should be approximately 700 words.
Create a case study scenario for a person with a mental health issue or an intellectual disability who experiences a crisis resulting in the involvement of the criminal justice system. Address the following in your case:
Provide the backstory on the individuals diagnosis, symptoms, and outward expressions.
Explain the crisis, including any relevant events leading up to it.
Describe the response (positive or negative) of the criminal justice system, including, but not limited to:
Crisis intervention team (e.g., social worker, parole officer, community resources)
Explain administrative processes and procedures related to the intervention, and if they worked or did not work as designed.
Describe an ending (positive or negative) for the crisis intervention.
Create unique and relevant headings for each part of the story, including backstory, crisis, response, and resolution.
Include a minimum of 3 appropriate images to help make a connection to the people involved in the case.
Do you need any assistance with this question?
Send us your paper details now
We’ll find the best professional writer for you!
"We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before we can also do it for you."
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
Our Service Charter
1. Professional & Expert Writers: Experts Essays only hires the best. Our writers are specially selected and recruited, after which they undergo further training to perfect their skills for specialization purposes. Moreover, our writers are holders of masters and Ph.D. degrees. They have impressive academic records, besides being native English speakers.
2. Top Quality Papers: Our customers are always guaranteed of papers that exceed their expectations. All our writers have +5 years of experience. This implies that all papers are written by individuals who are experts in their fields. In addition, the quality team reviews all the papers before sending them to the customers.
3. Plagiarism-Free Papers: All papers provided by Experts Essays are written from scratch. Appropriate referencing and citation of key information are followed. Plagiarism checkers are used by the Quality assurance team and our editors just to double-check that there are no instances of plagiarism.
4. Timely Delivery: Time wasted is equivalent to a failed dedication and commitment. Experts Essays are known for the timely delivery of any pending customer orders. Customers are well informed of the progress of their papers to ensure they keep track of what the writer is providing before the final draft is sent for grading.
5. Affordable Prices: Our prices are fairly structured to fit in all groups. Any customer willing to place their assignments with us can do so at very affordable prices. In addition, our customers enjoy regular discounts and bonuses.
6. 24/7 Customer Support: At Experts Essays, we have put in place a team of experts who answer all customer inquiries promptly. The best part is the ever-availability of the team. Customers can make inquiries anytime.