Office design has gone through many changes over the years: from open plan, to single offices, to cubicles, and now back to open plan. These days offices may have dedicated desks and hot desks (shared by many at different times); they may also have meeting hubs or rented co-working spaces. A key consideration in the design is how employees can work and communicate optimally within that space.
While many businesses have opted for the open office plan because it offers a flexible and cost-effective design that optimizes team communication, studies have shown that it may not be right for all employees or businesses. For example, employees in open offices try to tune out by using earphones to look busy when feeling they are constantly under scrutiny (Bernstein & Turban, 2018; McGegor, 2018), and women in particular feel more vulnerable to unwanted observation (McGregor, 2018).
For this assignment, you and your team members will consider the effectiveness of the open-plan office design for optimal communication. Make the case for its effectiveness or ineffectiveness especially in terms of interpersonal and business-related communication and collaborative work.
Investigate the open-plan office design, looking at its first uses through to today to determine its suitability, overall, for business operations and communication.
Gather information about the open office design and describe its characteristics and features
Discuss how it was used initially in the past, and how the format has been adapted for todays workplaces
Consider current typical communication requirements within a mid-sized department, and discuss how an open-plan design can offer advantages or disadvantages
Discuss the benefits and liabilities of the open plan design
Support your views with evidence by researching one or two current businesses in your career field that offer good examples
Recommend either the open plan or traditional office design
Convey your findings in a slide report
Do you need any assistance with this question?
Send us your paper details now
We’ll find the best professional writer for you!
"We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before we can also do it for you."
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
Our Service Charter
1. Professional & Expert Writers: Experts Essays only hires the best. Our writers are specially selected and recruited, after which they undergo further training to perfect their skills for specialization purposes. Moreover, our writers are holders of masters and Ph.D. degrees. They have impressive academic records, besides being native English speakers.
2. Top Quality Papers: Our customers are always guaranteed of papers that exceed their expectations. All our writers have +5 years of experience. This implies that all papers are written by individuals who are experts in their fields. In addition, the quality team reviews all the papers before sending them to the customers.
3. Plagiarism-Free Papers: All papers provided by Experts Essays are written from scratch. Appropriate referencing and citation of key information are followed. Plagiarism checkers are used by the Quality assurance team and our editors just to double-check that there are no instances of plagiarism.
4. Timely Delivery: Time wasted is equivalent to a failed dedication and commitment. Experts Essays are known for the timely delivery of any pending customer orders. Customers are well informed of the progress of their papers to ensure they keep track of what the writer is providing before the final draft is sent for grading.
5. Affordable Prices: Our prices are fairly structured to fit in all groups. Any customer willing to place their assignments with us can do so at very affordable prices. In addition, our customers enjoy regular discounts and bonuses.
6. 24/7 Customer Support: At Experts Essays, we have put in place a team of experts who answer all customer inquiries promptly. The best part is the ever-availability of the team. Customers can make inquiries anytime.