Sequence is a compositional technique that became most common during the baroque period and is found in all styles/genres of contemporary music. A sequence is the restatement of a motif at a higher or lower pitch. In a sequence, the rhythms are identical while the pitches have moved usually up or down by step.
Assignment for Discussion:
Review the sequence video found in module 8. Make certain you completely understand what a sequence is.
Select a contemporary song/piece that contains at least one sequence that will be used for your discussion. Make certain your song/piece is not one of the examples found in the sequence video.
Supply the song/piece title, composer/artist.
Include a youtube link. (I would suggest a video that has music notation to solidify your argument).
Identify where the sequence(s) occurs in the song/piece. Include timer and place in the form (verse, chorus, etc).
Describe the sequence(s). Does the sequence move up or down by step? Which instrument/voice is performing the sequence?
Compare the sequence to one of the Baroque selections found in module 8. Every Valley Shall Be Exhalted, from Messiah (1741) by G.F. Handel
Violin Concerto in A minor by JS Bach
Brandenburg Concerto No. 5 by J.S. Bach (1721)
Fugue in G minor by J.S. Bach (1709)
The Four Seasons, Spring (La Primavera), 1st movement (1721) by Antonio Vivaldi
Hallelujah Chorus for Messiah by George Frederic Handel (1741)
Above are the songs for the seclected listiening part looking for the response to be less then 500 words no need to go over board.
Do you need any assistance with this question?
Send us your paper details now
We’ll find the best professional writer for you!
"We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before we can also do it for you."
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
Our Service Charter
1. Professional & Expert Writers: Experts Essays only hires the best. Our writers are specially selected and recruited, after which they undergo further training to perfect their skills for specialization purposes. Moreover, our writers are holders of masters and Ph.D. degrees. They have impressive academic records, besides being native English speakers.
2. Top Quality Papers: Our customers are always guaranteed of papers that exceed their expectations. All our writers have +5 years of experience. This implies that all papers are written by individuals who are experts in their fields. In addition, the quality team reviews all the papers before sending them to the customers.
3. Plagiarism-Free Papers: All papers provided by Experts Essays are written from scratch. Appropriate referencing and citation of key information are followed. Plagiarism checkers are used by the Quality assurance team and our editors just to double-check that there are no instances of plagiarism.
4. Timely Delivery: Time wasted is equivalent to a failed dedication and commitment. Experts Essays are known for the timely delivery of any pending customer orders. Customers are well informed of the progress of their papers to ensure they keep track of what the writer is providing before the final draft is sent for grading.
5. Affordable Prices: Our prices are fairly structured to fit in all groups. Any customer willing to place their assignments with us can do so at very affordable prices. In addition, our customers enjoy regular discounts and bonuses.
6. 24/7 Customer Support: At Experts Essays, we have put in place a team of experts who answer all customer inquiries promptly. The best part is the ever-availability of the team. Customers can make inquiries anytime.