Question #1 This quote is taken from The Hydra Head by Carlos Fuentes, Chapter 22: We sought a place where we might be masters, not slaves. But one is master of himself only when he has no slaves. We did not know how to be masters, without new slaves, so we ended up by being executioners, in order not to be victims. We found victims to escape being victims. Each of us looks at the other and sees only his own suffering in the eyes of the enemy. To reject the others suffering, inevitably a mirror image of our own, [leads to] our only recourse, violence
[although] power knows itself to be temporary, it is always cruel. Although this quote was taken from the Fuentes book which we did not read this semester, it presents many ideas about the Allende novel, Mayas Notebook. The dynamic of domination/oppression (the master/slave relationship) is present in this quote and was evident in Allendes book in many different instances of Mayas life. So, looking back at some of the episodes in Mayas Notebook, and the people encountered in this novel, explain some of these relationships and their application to the quote itself. In other words, you are briefly comparing Allende and Fuentes.
Question #2 This quote is taken from Mayas Notebook by Isabel Allende. Sometimes I am assaulted by a memory of a scene from that time on the street, in a memory that flares up inside me and leaves me trembling. then there are times I wake up sweating with images in my head, as vivid as if they were real. In the dream, I see myself running, screaming voicelessly, in a labyrinth of narrow alleys that coil like serpents, buildings with blank doors and windows, not a soul to ask for help-[ I am] all alone. ____________________________________________________________________________ This passage presents aspects of trauma and memory. It also emphasizes many insights about violence and power on individual and societal levels. To repeat some previous ideas, the Maya storyline focuses on a young girls self-survival. We read about many circumstances concerning this teen-age protagonists life. These acts involved things, such as, incidents of drug and alcohol abuse, as well as crime and problems dealing with parental rejection. If that were not severe enough, we find out, as the story progresses, that Maya is also pursued by various sectors, such as, the F.B.I., Interpol, and drug gangs. Luckily, her grandmother, who is a loving and quite innovatively bohemian person, manages to send her to a faraway place called Chiloé, which is an island off the coast of Chile. In what ways do these incidents, scenes, characters, and/or places from Mayas Notebook connect to trauma and memory?
(Thats a link for the article and I will also attach a file summary for the article)
Do you need any assistance with this question?
Send us your paper details now
We’ll find the best professional writer for you!
"We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before we can also do it for you."
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
Our Service Charter
1. Professional & Expert Writers: Experts Essays only hires the best. Our writers are specially selected and recruited, after which they undergo further training to perfect their skills for specialization purposes. Moreover, our writers are holders of masters and Ph.D. degrees. They have impressive academic records, besides being native English speakers.
2. Top Quality Papers: Our customers are always guaranteed of papers that exceed their expectations. All our writers have +5 years of experience. This implies that all papers are written by individuals who are experts in their fields. In addition, the quality team reviews all the papers before sending them to the customers.
3. Plagiarism-Free Papers: All papers provided by Experts Essays are written from scratch. Appropriate referencing and citation of key information are followed. Plagiarism checkers are used by the Quality assurance team and our editors just to double-check that there are no instances of plagiarism.
4. Timely Delivery: Time wasted is equivalent to a failed dedication and commitment. Experts Essays are known for the timely delivery of any pending customer orders. Customers are well informed of the progress of their papers to ensure they keep track of what the writer is providing before the final draft is sent for grading.
5. Affordable Prices: Our prices are fairly structured to fit in all groups. Any customer willing to place their assignments with us can do so at very affordable prices. In addition, our customers enjoy regular discounts and bonuses.
6. 24/7 Customer Support: At Experts Essays, we have put in place a team of experts who answer all customer inquiries promptly. The best part is the ever-availability of the team. Customers can make inquiries anytime.