Learning Objective 6: Recall the health concerns about carbohydrates: empty calories, obesity, tooth decay and analyze the validity of these claims.
Considering what weve learned with Energy Balance & Obesity (chapter 7), discuss why carbs have been given a bad reputation with regard to their relationship to weight control. What arguments would you make for or against carbs and obesity? Theres also important information about carbohydrates in Chapter 3 of your text. Include in your discussion the role of carbohydrates in our diet and also the important nutrients that are found in complex carbs (grain, vegetables, fruits).
After posting your response, please reply to at least one other classmate. Because this response is worth 5 points (equal to the argument part), your reply should be thoughtful and contain information that reflects on what this classmate included in their argument.)
Be sure to identify the student you are responding to by including their name in your reply. Submit your response in the Reply box below.
aLearning Objective 3: Identify good sources of complex carbs and fiber and describe benefits of each.
Plan a one day menu that has at least 25 grams of fiber (but no more than 50 grams), at least 50% total calories from carbs, and a minimum of 1800 calories. The menu should be well balanced: contain foods from all food groups, but emphasis on fiber and complex carbs.
Arrange foods into meals, list the amount, calories, grams of carbs, grams of fiber for each food. Please see 7.6 (follows this assignment) for the correct format for the Carbs & Fiber menu.
Create a menu format as follows:
Food Serving size Grams Carbs Grams Fiber Calories
Oatmeal 1 cup 19 3 100
Include total amounts for: Grams carbs, grams fiber, and calories for the day.
To calculate % calories from carbs,
Mulltiply carb grams X 4 (calories/gram),
Divide that amount by total calories and multiply by 100 or move the decimal point 2 places. Example: If your menu has 300 grams of carbs X 4 calories/gram = 1200 calories from carbs. If your total calories for the day = 1800, then 1200 calories divided by 1800 = 66.6% calories from carbs.
Example of computing % calories from carbs: Suppose the total carb grams for the day is 300 grams, multiply by 4 = 1200 calories from carbs. If the total calories from all foods for the day = 2000 calories. Divide 1200 by 2000 = 60% calories from carbs.
Fiber grams are added together to give a total in grams for the day.
Here is a chart with fiber content of various foods. If you use plenty of complex carbs (fruit, vegetables, grains), you should be able to put together a menu that works for our assignment. Fiber Content of Foods.jpg
Submit your menu as a file.
Here is a Food Composition Table that may help you with finding grams of carbs and calories. (They will also be helpful with menus for the next 2 modules.)
USDA Food Chart(https://fdc.nal.usda.gov/)
Do you need any assistance with this question?
Send us your paper details now
We’ll find the best professional writer for you!
"We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before we can also do it for you."
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
Our Service Charter
1. Professional & Expert Writers: Experts Essays only hires the best. Our writers are specially selected and recruited, after which they undergo further training to perfect their skills for specialization purposes. Moreover, our writers are holders of masters and Ph.D. degrees. They have impressive academic records, besides being native English speakers.
2. Top Quality Papers: Our customers are always guaranteed of papers that exceed their expectations. All our writers have +5 years of experience. This implies that all papers are written by individuals who are experts in their fields. In addition, the quality team reviews all the papers before sending them to the customers.
3. Plagiarism-Free Papers: All papers provided by Experts Essays are written from scratch. Appropriate referencing and citation of key information are followed. Plagiarism checkers are used by the Quality assurance team and our editors just to double-check that there are no instances of plagiarism.
4. Timely Delivery: Time wasted is equivalent to a failed dedication and commitment. Experts Essays are known for the timely delivery of any pending customer orders. Customers are well informed of the progress of their papers to ensure they keep track of what the writer is providing before the final draft is sent for grading.
5. Affordable Prices: Our prices are fairly structured to fit in all groups. Any customer willing to place their assignments with us can do so at very affordable prices. In addition, our customers enjoy regular discounts and bonuses.
6. 24/7 Customer Support: At Experts Essays, we have put in place a team of experts who answer all customer inquiries promptly. The best part is the ever-availability of the team. Customers can make inquiries anytime.