USE THE RUBRIC TO WRITE THE PAPER AS WELL
Also the organization I choose; was the Nonviolence Institute in Rhode Island.
The Nonviolence institute works to teach both by word and example the principles and practices of nonviolence. The organizations strategic plan for fostering communities of nonviolence includes relationship management, communication strategy and continuous professional development to name a few. Support the group or volunteer on the website.
The ten dimension framework is in the attachments starting on page 60 I believe.
Choose an organization that is currently engaged in community organizing. Determine in advance whether it uses social/direct action, community development, or a combination of approaches. The assignment will not work for organizations that may be providing valuable community services but not engaged in community organizing as defined in course materials and discussion. Confirm your choice of organization with the instructor before proceeding.
Research the organizations community organizing work using as many methods of inquiry as possible, including online resources; published material (press accounts, annual reports, flyers, etc.); interviews with staff and/or members; attending meetings, events, or actions (virtually during the pandemic); and volunteering to support their work, if possible.
Begin your paper with a brief introduction identifying the organization and why you chose it. Provide background information about its mission, history, key achievements, community served, and approach to organizing. Describe its organizing model, drawing on course theory. Does it use social/direct action, community development, or a mix of them? Does it incorporate popular education, and if so, how?
Next, use the Staples 10 dimension framework (presented in chapter 3 of Roots to Power) to describe the organization. Refer to the rubric for Assignment 2 to assure you are covering required material. If the organization is working on multiple campaigns, provide a summary of them. It is not necessary to describe each campaign in detail.
Then, describe a particular issue campaign or community development effort the organization is working on now or has worked on recently. Address the following questions, drawing on course theory:
Who chose the campaign and how?
How does it address community needs and constituent self-interests?
How does it advance organizational mileage?
What issue(s) does the campaign address?
How is the issue cut from a larger problem or condition? How is the issue framed?
What are the campaign objectives?
What is the campaign strategy, handles, targets, and tactics?
What partners and/or allies are involved, if applicable?
If the campaign involves a coalition, describe the coalition and your organizations role(s).
What is the campaign timeline?
Use a Force Field Analysis in your discussion to assess prospects for success or failure of the campaign strategy. Include detailed lists of forces and actors, and rate their potencies. You may append your FFA chart to the paper. If you were able to volunteer to support the campaign, describe your responsibilities and interactions with the organizations staff, members, allies, and/or targets, as applicable. What did you do, and what resulted from your efforts?
Critique the organizations community organizing work based on what you learned from research and direct engagement. What most impressed you? What concerns did you have? What might you do differently? What would you like to learn more about? Include consideration of factors such as staff and leader roles, the organizations approach to leadership development, communication methods, capacity to mobilize members or constituents, community legitimacy and impact, and whether/how the organization evaluates its work.
Conclude with a discussion of the relevance of community organizing for your own practice as a social worker. Comment on what you have learned in the course and how it may be useful to you.
This paper is due on Day 7 of Week 7.
Length of paper: 10 pages maximum (strictly enforced), not including references and appendix. Use references to course readings and discussions to demonstrate your application of course theory to your practice experience. Use APA format for citations. You may append sample campaign materials, press clippings, photos, organizational descriptions, interview transcripts, etc. Papers should be well written, clearly organized, typed, and free of spelling, punctuation, and grammatical errors. Papers should be formatted using one inch margins, double spacing, and a 12 point standard font, preferably Times New Roman.
Do you need any assistance with this question?
Send us your paper details now
We’ll find the best professional writer for you!
"We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before we can also do it for you."
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
Our Service Charter
1. Professional & Expert Writers: Experts Essays only hires the best. Our writers are specially selected and recruited, after which they undergo further training to perfect their skills for specialization purposes. Moreover, our writers are holders of masters and Ph.D. degrees. They have impressive academic records, besides being native English speakers.
2. Top Quality Papers: Our customers are always guaranteed of papers that exceed their expectations. All our writers have +5 years of experience. This implies that all papers are written by individuals who are experts in their fields. In addition, the quality team reviews all the papers before sending them to the customers.
3. Plagiarism-Free Papers: All papers provided by Experts Essays are written from scratch. Appropriate referencing and citation of key information are followed. Plagiarism checkers are used by the Quality assurance team and our editors just to double-check that there are no instances of plagiarism.
4. Timely Delivery: Time wasted is equivalent to a failed dedication and commitment. Experts Essays are known for the timely delivery of any pending customer orders. Customers are well informed of the progress of their papers to ensure they keep track of what the writer is providing before the final draft is sent for grading.
5. Affordable Prices: Our prices are fairly structured to fit in all groups. Any customer willing to place their assignments with us can do so at very affordable prices. In addition, our customers enjoy regular discounts and bonuses.
6. 24/7 Customer Support: At Experts Essays, we have put in place a team of experts who answer all customer inquiries promptly. The best part is the ever-availability of the team. Customers can make inquiries anytime.