What Youre Doing in Project TwoOnce you decide on the community youll use for this project, you will start by describing the community youre analyzing what are its characteristics, who are its members, what skills, attributes or technologies are required if any, where is it located, and what happens in this community? You will analyze its role in the larger world, by asking possible questions such as:
What makes it a community, what drives its members to take part, and what does it do?
Who does it benefit besides its members, if anyone?
What connects members of this community to each other and in what ways does this community interact with its members internally and with other communities externally?
You will then analyze the writing that occurs in this community:
What are the genres commonly used in this community?
Who are the audiences in communication with this community, and for what purposes?
What are the rhetorical/writing situations in which members of this community are involved, and what roles do those members play?
For your Project 2 submission, you will write a 5- to 7-page analytical essay that includes three examples of writing from your selected community. Over the course of the project, youll be:
Conducting a quick observation of several communities and choosing one to analyze for its writing and communication
Learning about the make-up of the community you choose to analyze and how members interact and communicate
Collecting examples of writing from your chosen community that will help illustrate your written analysis and address our guiding question for this project
Writing an essay that analyzes the community you are studying for this project, and the written communication that occurs within it.
You will also write a 2- to 3-page reflection piece to accompany your analytical essay as a way of conveying your thinking and your rhetorical choices made in the analysis. (Guidelines for the reflection essay will be provided).
Understanding Your Community
The community of Omani students at USF is now represented in the Omani students association. There are different goals, achievements, and values that the Omani student community is aiming for, these values are applied in different ways. For example one of the goals is to increase the awareness of the university offers, so the value behind this goal is to raise the optimism of Omani students. Also, one of the goals is to spread the Omani culture over the USF campus, which could generate value for Omani students to keep their culture and show it off to the whole world. There are multiple unspoken goals that the community is aiming to achieve during this period. It is a new goal which is to connect the American culture with Omani culture in a unique way. Also, there is a plan for some more attractive activities: like horseback riding with lower prices for USF students. Students at the Omani association are respectful to each other and treat each other in a lovely friendly way. They work together and help the association to stay up as much as possible, even if its going to cost them their own money. Campaigns, posters, advertisements, and events are most usually used ways that help the community to spread its idea. There might be also some other ways by standing by a place and talking to people, but as I said, these are the most usually used ways to tell all people, inside and out of the USF campus about the community.
As mentioned, the community has been turned into an association that has got the promotion to be sponsored as well by the Omani cultural division -its like the embassy, but for student affairs-. Everyone in this association has the right to express freely without any limitations as long the expression is under the respective circle. Usually, any students who want to join have the right to do so, all needed to be in respect, hard work, ambition, and some previous knowledge of Omani culture and traditions. Sometimes, the association uses the informative way of genre, and sometimes the persuasive one. For voting and events like that, the persuasive is more used as they need different voices, but for campaigns of Omani culture, they used to use the informative to tell. They also do use free food as a great attraction, including Omani food, and other types of food. The whole effort put imp to this association is aimed at its members as a priority, who are Omani students. The author Aimed people the others who stand by its campaigns, or visitors. Members usually use meetings, and social media to meet, sometimes visiting specific houses rented by some Omani students to interact with each other.
Example Writing from Your Community
The Omani students in the USF community are using different digital and physical
communication channels. It is not limiting the communication with external or internal
sides, thats because the community is aiming to have more fame and use this fame to
represent the best shape of Omans culture. As mentioned previously -in previous
assignments- that the Omani community now has its own association. This association
has been developed over time and used different channels and techniques to get more
attention from USF students and outside communities. Here are some of the channels
used by the Omani Association:
Snapchat: OSAUSF Eye (username)
Bull Connect: Omani Students Association at USF (username)
On these three communication channels, usually, they post everything about the
university a student might need to know, in addition to the celebrations and events that
help students to develop in a better way. The Omani association has its own nickname
which is OSA_USF which stands for Omani Students Association at the University of
There are also some other ways to connect with the Omani association which is by
email, the used email right now is email@example.com. The email is used for mostly
academic purposes like asking for sponsorship, invitation, or arrangements with
other USF communities.
As a rule, the Omani association organizes events for a variety of audiences. Some events benefit Omani students, while others benefit other communities. The majority are open to the general public. Thus, the association aims to have a good impact with different good ideas. The community sometimes arranges for all students to spend a day out in Tampa, where they spend time singing, playing games, and having a great dinner together. This is for everyone. There are some events that take place in conjunction with other communities. Similarly, Omani national day allows other communities to showcase their products and provide a variety of options for the audience.
I will provide more sepesifec details after
Do you need any assistance with this question?
Send us your paper details now
We’ll find the best professional writer for you!
"We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before we can also do it for you."
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
Our Service Charter
1. Professional & Expert Writers: Experts Essays only hires the best. Our writers are specially selected and recruited, after which they undergo further training to perfect their skills for specialization purposes. Moreover, our writers are holders of masters and Ph.D. degrees. They have impressive academic records, besides being native English speakers.
2. Top Quality Papers: Our customers are always guaranteed of papers that exceed their expectations. All our writers have +5 years of experience. This implies that all papers are written by individuals who are experts in their fields. In addition, the quality team reviews all the papers before sending them to the customers.
3. Plagiarism-Free Papers: All papers provided by Experts Essays are written from scratch. Appropriate referencing and citation of key information are followed. Plagiarism checkers are used by the Quality assurance team and our editors just to double-check that there are no instances of plagiarism.
4. Timely Delivery: Time wasted is equivalent to a failed dedication and commitment. Experts Essays are known for the timely delivery of any pending customer orders. Customers are well informed of the progress of their papers to ensure they keep track of what the writer is providing before the final draft is sent for grading.
5. Affordable Prices: Our prices are fairly structured to fit in all groups. Any customer willing to place their assignments with us can do so at very affordable prices. In addition, our customers enjoy regular discounts and bonuses.
6. 24/7 Customer Support: At Experts Essays, we have put in place a team of experts who answer all customer inquiries promptly. The best part is the ever-availability of the team. Customers can make inquiries anytime.