Please read this note before you read the story and answer the questions: This story features a 13-year-old girl who is following an invisible adversary to a shopping mall and back, in her suburban community. Adversary means enemy. This invisible adversary is something the girl is imagining in her mind. She imagines all that it does and says. Here are the questions:
1. As you read the story, list details from the story that show the type of identity that the main character Gretchen has, or that she has created for herself. Then, in a few words, describe the type of identity that has developed, for Gretchen.
2. This story takes place in the early 1970s, in an American suburban community. Based on evidence in the story, what might be some of the common interests or values, in the society where Gretchen lives?
3. How would you describe Gretchens position, in relation to the common interests or values in the society where she lives? Try to support your answer with details from the story.
4. List a few phrases of your own that would describe Gretchens attitude toward other people, based on evidence in the story
5. What deeper reasons do you see, for the attitudes Gretchen has toward other people, or why her identity has gone in the direction that it has?
6. On page 176, there is a scene where a boy yells at Gretchen, Watch it, babe! Gretchen then kicks over a garbage can, which suggests she is even more angry than usual. What do you think made her so angry, in this scene?
7. On page 177, Gretchen takes some clothes into a fitting room in a womens clothing store called Dodis Boutique. She looks at herself in the mirror, while holding up a dress to herself. How does she react, immediately after she does this, and why do you think she reacts the way she does?
And answers only from the pdf of story provided, professor said no to add any citiation.
Do you need any assistance with this question?
Send us your paper details now
We’ll find the best professional writer for you!
"We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before we can also do it for you."
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
Our Service Charter
1. Professional & Expert Writers: Experts Essays only hires the best. Our writers are specially selected and recruited, after which they undergo further training to perfect their skills for specialization purposes. Moreover, our writers are holders of masters and Ph.D. degrees. They have impressive academic records, besides being native English speakers.
2. Top Quality Papers: Our customers are always guaranteed of papers that exceed their expectations. All our writers have +5 years of experience. This implies that all papers are written by individuals who are experts in their fields. In addition, the quality team reviews all the papers before sending them to the customers.
3. Plagiarism-Free Papers: All papers provided by Experts Essays are written from scratch. Appropriate referencing and citation of key information are followed. Plagiarism checkers are used by the Quality assurance team and our editors just to double-check that there are no instances of plagiarism.
4. Timely Delivery: Time wasted is equivalent to a failed dedication and commitment. Experts Essays are known for the timely delivery of any pending customer orders. Customers are well informed of the progress of their papers to ensure they keep track of what the writer is providing before the final draft is sent for grading.
5. Affordable Prices: Our prices are fairly structured to fit in all groups. Any customer willing to place their assignments with us can do so at very affordable prices. In addition, our customers enjoy regular discounts and bonuses.
6. 24/7 Customer Support: At Experts Essays, we have put in place a team of experts who answer all customer inquiries promptly. The best part is the ever-availability of the team. Customers can make inquiries anytime.