1. Describe the activities you participated in or observed during your practicum.
The activities I have participated in this semester include participation in conferences with my practice mentor and staff at the project site, a collaboration of ideas with organizational stakeholders, IRB and CUHSR application review to help me in the development of my project. I believe that all of the components of practicum in NUR 725 have been beneficial in helping plan and prepare for the implementation of the DNP project. Lastly reading the necessary chapters in The Doctor of Nursing Practice Project: A Framework for Success textbook was a great help to finish my final proposal.
2. Identify any challenges, lessons learned, or barriers achieving your planned activities or building your leadership skill and competencies.
Some of the challenges that I faced during the semester is scheduling the meeting with my mentor. My mentor is a very busy person making it a little hard to schedule the time prior to the meetings. What I did to overcome this challenge was to go to the clinic and spend the day so I could get done everything needed and be able to spend time with him going over what was needed. I think one of the activities that I found most challenging is filling out the IRB and CUHSR application, but what help me with this application was watching the presentation from Dr. Smith and her comments in the application. She provided step by step on what needed to be done and expectations for completion.
3. Describe how you are progressing in strengthening your leadership skill set and competencies based on your Competency for Practicum Design and relationship to the DNP Essentials.
As a DNP graduate, it is essential to apply scientific underpinnings to the formation of healthcare policy in order to achieve societys healthcare goals. The incorporation of nursing research and knowledge into clinical practice will benefit not only the patients but also their families and the community. As I pursue my DNP, I anticipate increasing my confidence and competence in this crucial area. Compared to my prior competency evaluation, my research and professional development skills have improved. I am better equipped to design and assess innovative practice methods based on nursing and other disciplinary ideas. Essential II has been beneficial to my project since it has enabled me to view the broad picture and make choices that would enhance the overall efficiency and effectiveness of the project. I have improved in essential II, but I still have room to develop because I lack exposure to and experience with policy and organizational processes. As I finish my advanced practice education, I want to enhance my organizational leadership and quality improvement expertise in order to enhance patient outcomes. Essential IV has influenced my project and professional development by teaching me how to utilize information systems and technology to enhance patient care and healthcare systems. By mastering information technology, I am able to conduct my evidence-based project and contribute to clinical decision-making. Also, essential IV enables me to contribute to the study and resolution of ethical and legal issues resulting from the use of information, information technology, communication networks, and patient care technologies. Essential VI has influenced my project and leadership growth by collaborating with the clinic to enhance awareness of the significance of mammograms and developing measures to improve the mammography referral process. In addition, I am able to use appropriate communication and teamwork skills with the staff who will be present in the clinic. Essential VII works well with my research because it plays a significant role in health promotion and illness prevention. I am attempting to enhance mammography screening to reduce the number of women who die from breast cancer. This experience taught me the importance of putting population health into practice, as well as the importance of cultural and socioeconomic factors in caring for diverse communities. Finally, by utilizing the EBP process, Im able to select appropriate interventions in order to provide the best care and improve patient outcomes.
Do you need any assistance with this question?
Send us your paper details now
We’ll find the best professional writer for you!
"We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before we can also do it for you."
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
Our Service Charter
1. Professional & Expert Writers: Experts Essays only hires the best. Our writers are specially selected and recruited, after which they undergo further training to perfect their skills for specialization purposes. Moreover, our writers are holders of masters and Ph.D. degrees. They have impressive academic records, besides being native English speakers.
2. Top Quality Papers: Our customers are always guaranteed of papers that exceed their expectations. All our writers have +5 years of experience. This implies that all papers are written by individuals who are experts in their fields. In addition, the quality team reviews all the papers before sending them to the customers.
3. Plagiarism-Free Papers: All papers provided by Experts Essays are written from scratch. Appropriate referencing and citation of key information are followed. Plagiarism checkers are used by the Quality assurance team and our editors just to double-check that there are no instances of plagiarism.
4. Timely Delivery: Time wasted is equivalent to a failed dedication and commitment. Experts Essays are known for the timely delivery of any pending customer orders. Customers are well informed of the progress of their papers to ensure they keep track of what the writer is providing before the final draft is sent for grading.
5. Affordable Prices: Our prices are fairly structured to fit in all groups. Any customer willing to place their assignments with us can do so at very affordable prices. In addition, our customers enjoy regular discounts and bonuses.
6. 24/7 Customer Support: At Experts Essays, we have put in place a team of experts who answer all customer inquiries promptly. The best part is the ever-availability of the team. Customers can make inquiries anytime.