Question 1- Select two of the following areas and briefly compare humans, chimps and bonobos in regards
to similarities and differences; a) social group structure, mating patterns and care for dependent offspring,
b) dominance hierarchies, c) violence both within group and between groups, d) hunting, and e) tool
use. In your opinion how useful is the data from non-human primates to gain insight into human nature?
Select two areas to compare. Below are questions to address for each area.
Start with factual data on the three groups and then your analysis.
a) What are the standard social group structures for the three species? What are the mating
patterns? Who cares for dependent young (feeding, protecting, teaching)?
b) All primate groups have dominance hierarchies which are constantly negotiated with
communications both verbal and physical. Who gets to the top of the dominance hierarchy? What
is the benefit of being at the top of the hierarchy? How are hierarchies negotiated? Reference
examples from course materials
c) Which of the three species engage in violence? Violence against those within their group,
including infanticide and killing adults in their group? Who engages in violence against those
outside their group?
d) Hunting- Which species hunt for food? Is hunting an individual or group activity? Consider
humans survived by hunting, foraging and scavenging for 99% of their existence as a species, until
the advent of agriculture.
e) Tool use- What tools have each species been observed using? Is there much of a variety of
tools used? What are the tools used for, are they used to get food? To what degree is the species
reliant on tools for survival?
You dont have to write a lot for each category.. Briefly discuss a couple of points for each species for the
two areas you selected. Then wrap up the answer by discussing your view on how similar or different
humans are from these other primates. Your knowledge of humans comes from your experience and
knowledge as a human
Question 2- Briefly outline the role of each process of evolution in the selection for bipedalism, discuss the
roles of mutation, gene drift, and gene flow which are random processes and then discuss the role of
natural selection, the only directional force of evolution. For natural selection specifically discuss the role of
fitness and niche, using your favored models to explain the evolution of bipedalism.
Do you need any assistance with this question?
Send us your paper details now
We’ll find the best professional writer for you!
"We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before we can also do it for you."
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
Our Service Charter
1. Professional & Expert Writers: Experts Essays only hires the best. Our writers are specially selected and recruited, after which they undergo further training to perfect their skills for specialization purposes. Moreover, our writers are holders of masters and Ph.D. degrees. They have impressive academic records, besides being native English speakers.
2. Top Quality Papers: Our customers are always guaranteed of papers that exceed their expectations. All our writers have +5 years of experience. This implies that all papers are written by individuals who are experts in their fields. In addition, the quality team reviews all the papers before sending them to the customers.
3. Plagiarism-Free Papers: All papers provided by Experts Essays are written from scratch. Appropriate referencing and citation of key information are followed. Plagiarism checkers are used by the Quality assurance team and our editors just to double-check that there are no instances of plagiarism.
4. Timely Delivery: Time wasted is equivalent to a failed dedication and commitment. Experts Essays are known for the timely delivery of any pending customer orders. Customers are well informed of the progress of their papers to ensure they keep track of what the writer is providing before the final draft is sent for grading.
5. Affordable Prices: Our prices are fairly structured to fit in all groups. Any customer willing to place their assignments with us can do so at very affordable prices. In addition, our customers enjoy regular discounts and bonuses.
6. 24/7 Customer Support: At Experts Essays, we have put in place a team of experts who answer all customer inquiries promptly. The best part is the ever-availability of the team. Customers can make inquiries anytime.