Week 1 Classmate Responses (What is required is the classmate responses to D1, D2, and D3 only. Everything thing below is for reference only to each section.)
D1. WRTG 394 students,
This discussion topic is designed to help you consider a problem in your workplace or community and to design strategies in communicating about it. This discussion topic might help you approach your final research-based report in WRTG 394.
First, please access and read through the following articles about communication inhibitors.
Dr. K. Usha Rani, Communication Barriers
Lumen Learning, Communication Barriers
These items are available as eReserves in our class in LEO. You can access the articles by taking the following steps:
select Class Resources
select the icon for eReserves in the middle of your page.
in the list of items that appears, locate the articles and download them
Then, respond to this discussion topic by completing the following tasks:
Please think of an example of a problem with communication in your workplace or your community. Then answer the following five questions with regard to that problem. Post your answers to this discussion topic.
What is the specific problem with communication?
Does the problem represent an example of one of the barriers that the articles that Dr. Rani and Lumen Learning identify? If so, which one(s)?
What are some possible communication strategies in notifying someone about the problem?
What is the best course of action for you to take in solving the problem?
What is the best way for you to communicate this problem to the relevant individuals.
his discussion topic is designed to give you the opportunity to peruse the assignment instructions for all the research related writing assignments in WRTG 394.
This task will allow you to begin thinking about and planning for your WRTG 394 research writing assignments, the Synthesis Literature Review, the Research Proposal Memo, and the Research-Based Report.
NOTE: This is a discussion topic designed to help you begin thinking about the three research-related writing assignments in WRTG 394. Completing this discussion topic does not complete any of the assignments discussed in this topic. This simply helps you become familiar with your assignments so that you can plan for the rest of your WRTG 394 course.
In the Content area of the 394 classroom under the sidebar heading Sample Papers and Writing Assignment Instructions for WRTG 394 Assignments and Discussions, open each of the following sets of writing assignment instructions:
Assignment: Research Proposal Memo ALL DRAFTS (WA #1)
Assignment: Synthesis Literature Review ALL DRAFTS (WA #2)
Assignment: Research-Based Report ALL DRAFTS (WA#3) (this assignment also includes A Grade tasks)
You are expected to use the same topic for all three of these writing assignments in your WRTG 394 course. You may only change topics with express permission of your professor.
Please use these assignment instructions to help you answer the following questions:
1. Examine the Research Proposal Memo (WA#1) instructions. What permission must you request? To whom should your memo be addressed? What information about your research must you provide?
2. Examine the Synthesis Lit Review (WA#2) instructions. This assignment calls for the student writer to use scholarly (academic) and professional (trade) sources. Explain what you understand a scholarly source and a professional/trade source to be. You should consider offering an example of each type of source.
3. Take a look at the Research Report (WA#3) instructions. What additional research demands are placed upon the writer for this assignment compared to WA #2? How can you as writer best present your report so that it is most readily accessible for your primary audience?
4. Writing on the same topic for WA#2 and WA#3 make the writing of the research report an easier task than it would have been if different topics had been chosen. Comment on how the writing on the same topic for both these assignments can help you as you write your research report.
WRTG 394 is a business writing course. Business writing has certain significant differences in style (approach to how the writer presents the subject matter) and format (arrangement of text on the page, i.e., how the writing looks to the reader) from the type of college writing that students are familiar with, academic writing. Therefore, it is important that you review some resources and make yourself acquainted (and eventually knowledgeable) with both business writing style expectations and with business writing format expectations.
In this WRTG 394 course, you will expected to complete all writing assignments using appropriate business writing style and business writing format.
Both here and in the Week 1 Content area of the WRTG 394 classroom you will find links to resources that will help you understand business writing style and business writing format. You should find the following resource very helpful for becoming acquainted with business style and how it differs from academic style:
Business Writing Style (Oregon State University)
This source gives you some examples of what business writing format looks like:
Business Document Formats (Lumen Learning)
There are two (2) questions for you to consider responding to for this topic. You should only choose one question to respond to for your initial response. Respond to that question in a minimum of 40 words. Then, in your reply to a classmate, try to choose a classmate who responded to the question you did not choose. If thats not possible, try to choose a classmate who hasnt gotten a reply from anyone.
1. In the Oregon State University resource on business writing style, review carefully the table showing differences between academic and business writing styles. Choose a difference that you find surprising (or that you think might be challenging to remember and practice as you are learning business writing) and discuss why you find this difference particularly surprising and/or challenging.
2. The Lumen Learning resource discusses how email and other web based forms of communication and reduced memo use in workplaces. Consider your own workplace (or a similar setting such as an organization/club/team, etc.) you belong to or are involved with and discuss whether your own experience in the communication setting you have chosen seems to prove that Lumens claim about the death of memos seems valid or seems premature, lets say.
Classmates initial post will be in the attachments, there is no exact number of words or paragraphs per response.
Do you need any assistance with this question?
Send us your paper details now
We’ll find the best professional writer for you!
"We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before we can also do it for you."
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
Our Service Charter
1. Professional & Expert Writers: Experts Essays only hires the best. Our writers are specially selected and recruited, after which they undergo further training to perfect their skills for specialization purposes. Moreover, our writers are holders of masters and Ph.D. degrees. They have impressive academic records, besides being native English speakers.
2. Top Quality Papers: Our customers are always guaranteed of papers that exceed their expectations. All our writers have +5 years of experience. This implies that all papers are written by individuals who are experts in their fields. In addition, the quality team reviews all the papers before sending them to the customers.
3. Plagiarism-Free Papers: All papers provided by Experts Essays are written from scratch. Appropriate referencing and citation of key information are followed. Plagiarism checkers are used by the Quality assurance team and our editors just to double-check that there are no instances of plagiarism.
4. Timely Delivery: Time wasted is equivalent to a failed dedication and commitment. Experts Essays are known for the timely delivery of any pending customer orders. Customers are well informed of the progress of their papers to ensure they keep track of what the writer is providing before the final draft is sent for grading.
5. Affordable Prices: Our prices are fairly structured to fit in all groups. Any customer willing to place their assignments with us can do so at very affordable prices. In addition, our customers enjoy regular discounts and bonuses.
6. 24/7 Customer Support: At Experts Essays, we have put in place a team of experts who answer all customer inquiries promptly. The best part is the ever-availability of the team. Customers can make inquiries anytime.