Bank Balance Sheet Analysis
Go to the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation Web site at www.fdic.gov and find the latest balance sheet information available for commercial banks. Under Analysis, select Quarterly Banking Profile, under the section QBP Time Series Spreadsheets, Click on Balance Sheet . This will download a file onto your computer that will contain the balance sheet information for commercial banks since 1984.
1. Calculate and compare the percent of Cash & Due from depository institutions to Total Assets for 2008Q2 and 2022Q2. Have banks become more conservative or aggressive in liquidity management since 2008? (Show the calculation detail)
2. Calculate the percent of Securities to Total Assets, Net Loans, and Leases to Total Assets for 2008Q2 and 2022Q2. Have banks become more conservative or aggressive in asset management since 2008? (Show the calculation detail)
3. Calculate and compare the percent of Total bank equity capital to Total Assets for 2008Q2 and 2022Q2. Have banks become more conservative or aggressive in capital adequacy management since 2008? (Show the calculation detail) Do some online research, what is the current minimum bank capital requirement stipulated by the Fed?
4. What might have caused the above change since 2008?
Net Interest Margin and Interest Rates
Read the article https://www.stlouisfed.org/on-the-economy/2016/may/banks-more-profitable-interest-rates-high-low, and other online sources to discuss the following questions:
1. How is Net Interest Margin (NIM) measured?
2. According to the figure in the article, how has the NIM been changing with the interest rates movement in the short-term, and in the medium-long run?
3. How does your textbook explain the Gap Analysis on page 208? For traditional banks who borrow short and lend long, why does the gap tend to be negative?
4. How do you explain the inverse relationship between NIM and interest rate movement in the short-term using gap analysis?
5. Given the complexity of the relationship between NIM and interest rates, how should banks manage their interest rate risk? Do some online research on banks management of interest rate risks, and share your findings and your views here.
Week 8 Reflection
Based upon what you learned in Week 8 study, share with your classmates something that you found to be an ah-ha learning moment and how it applies to your current or past experiences.
Do you need any assistance with this question?
Send us your paper details now
We’ll find the best professional writer for you!
"We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before we can also do it for you."
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
Our Service Charter
1. Professional & Expert Writers: Experts Essays only hires the best. Our writers are specially selected and recruited, after which they undergo further training to perfect their skills for specialization purposes. Moreover, our writers are holders of masters and Ph.D. degrees. They have impressive academic records, besides being native English speakers.
2. Top Quality Papers: Our customers are always guaranteed of papers that exceed their expectations. All our writers have +5 years of experience. This implies that all papers are written by individuals who are experts in their fields. In addition, the quality team reviews all the papers before sending them to the customers.
3. Plagiarism-Free Papers: All papers provided by Experts Essays are written from scratch. Appropriate referencing and citation of key information are followed. Plagiarism checkers are used by the Quality assurance team and our editors just to double-check that there are no instances of plagiarism.
4. Timely Delivery: Time wasted is equivalent to a failed dedication and commitment. Experts Essays are known for the timely delivery of any pending customer orders. Customers are well informed of the progress of their papers to ensure they keep track of what the writer is providing before the final draft is sent for grading.
5. Affordable Prices: Our prices are fairly structured to fit in all groups. Any customer willing to place their assignments with us can do so at very affordable prices. In addition, our customers enjoy regular discounts and bonuses.
6. 24/7 Customer Support: At Experts Essays, we have put in place a team of experts who answer all customer inquiries promptly. The best part is the ever-availability of the team. Customers can make inquiries anytime.