DISSCUSSION 1: RESPOND IN 50 WORDS WITH 1 IN-TEXT CITATION & 1 REFERENCE
(Romarie Garlitos, MGT/4.2)
After reading Love Your People: The New Respect Revolution,, the nine tips related to human leadership I would struggle with the most as a servant leader would be a vow to share the sacrifice. While reading the section, one of the many things that stood out to me the most was Dont overpromise (Buss, 2020). I feel that this would be very challenging because Im the type of person to makes sure that I commit and keep my word. I tend to make sure that everyone around me is happy and never disagree or say no to them. By doing this, I disregard my own boundaries and give priority to what I think other people desire. Overpromising can lead me to make wrong choices while fulfilling those promises and lead a workplace in a distrust manner.
Buss, D. (2020). Love Your People: The New Respect Revolution. ChiefExecutive.net. Retrieved from https://chiefexecutive.net/welcome-to-the-leadership-by-caring-revolution/
DISSCUSSION 2: RESPOND IN 50 WORDS WITH 1 IN-TEXT CITATION & 1 REFERENCE
(Ryan Nolan, MGT/4.2)
This post truly helped me comprehend potential challenges and servant leadership in a way that I had not previously considered. The one that I believe I would personally struggle with the most is the dont overpromise promises. I appreciate the part where he said that you should never guarantee never to fire somebody because you just cannot know. Making such a commitment is not being a servant leader; rather, it is simply promising to teach people as much as possible. I believe this is a challenge for me because I honestly want everyone to be OK, and I think I would get all worked up about dismissing someone or having a tough talk that I would upset them or hurt their emotions, but it would be crucial to remember its for the larger good
DISSCUSSION 3: RESPOND IN 50 WORDS WITH 1 IN-TEXT CITATION & 1 REFERENCE
(Mercedes Ensz, BUS/4.2)
Of the six signature traits of inclusive leadership, a personal strength of mine is commitment. When I find myself passionate about something I give it my all. However, one of my personal weaknesses is cultural intelligence. I havent experienced a lot of different cultures in the world so I may be trying to do or say something nice but because I didnt know that specific actions in America are appropriate, they wouldnt be appropriate in other areas. I can go out and experience the world more and make awkward mistakes which would allow me to overcome this strength. In Nigeria, the leadership lacks in some areas. Decision making is centralized. In Nigeria there is emphasis on performance, competition and equity. However, change isnt perceived well and is avoidable at all costs. Their leadership is based on national traditions.
Bourke, J. (2016). The six signature traits of inclusive leadership. Deloitte Insights. https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/insights/topics/talent/six-signature-traits-of-inclusive-leadership.html
DISSCUSSION 4: RESPOND IN 50 WORDS WITH 1 IN-TEXT CITATION & 1 REFERENCE
(Cash Niemeyer, BUS/4.2)
Knowledge, Curiosity, Courage, Commitment, Cultural Intelligence, and Collaboration are the six defining characteristics of inclusive leadership. I would say that after reading The Six Signature Traits of Inclusive Leadership, curiosity is my strength and courage is my weakness. Having fresh experiences that allow me to see things from different angles will help me to strengthen my weaknesses. Speaking up in group settings and maintaining humility about my talents and flaws are two ways to overcome my weakness.
My nation of choice was Japan. In Japan, teamwork is highly valued and has a significant impact on leadership qualities. In Japan, a manager or leader must possess excellent coordination abilities, a distinct sense of the future, and the capacity to maintain harmony among the workforce. Collaboration, dedication, and awareness all go hand in hand with these characteristics.
Bourke, J. 2016, The Six Signature Traits of Inclusive Leadership, from https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/insights/topics/talent/six-signature-traits-of-inclusive-leadership.html
DISSCUSSION 5: RESPOND IN 50 WORDS WITH 1 IN-TEXT CITATION & 1 REFERENCE
(Kaitlin Severson, MGT/4.1)
The verse that I have chosen from the Bible that corresponds to love from the perspective of a servant leader is
1 Corinthians 16:14 Let all that you do be done in love (ESV).
The term, love works from the perspective of a servant leader as well as from the perspective of those who are led by revealing the intent of ones heart posture. The idea of love is genuine and of good intent. When one acts on love, their intent is good and it is a heart posture of bringing others up and having compassion over one another. The context of this verse was that the Apostle Paul had traveled to the church of Corinth with the intent to help them and serve them in a way that led them to grow as persons and Christians. What Paul meant when he said Let all that you do be done in love (ESV) is that he was giving the direction for how our thoughts, feelings, motives, and actions should be done in Godly love toward both God and to others. Paul taught the church of Corinth how to love well and through that aspect, servant leadership can be learned, understood and applied to all (Chief, 2020). Love endures all things, meaning that when one serves another in love, that pattern continues rapidly because those being served are encouraged to love and serve others. The transformative power of love in both contexts is that through understanding Gods love and grace over us, it teaches us how to love others in the same way. By serving God and allowing his love to flow within our hearts and our life, we are able to allow that love to overcome our flesh and any intent that is not of God and his goodness. Instead, we are able to serve others with the love, grace and compassion that God has over us all.
Chief. (2020, January 8). 1 corinthians 16:14 meaning of do everything in Love. ConnectUS. Retrieved October 17, 2022, from https://connectusfund.org/1-corinthians-16-14-meaning-of-do-everything-in-love
DISSCUSSION 6: RESPOND IN 50 WORDS WITH 1 IN-TEXT CITATION & 1 REFERENCE
Brooklynn, Servant Leaders love and lead with love, get motivated by love, love their followers, and serve them with that love. The Bible verse that stands out the most to me is Greater love has no one than this: to lay down ones life for ones friends (John 15:13, NIV). In this passage, John lets us know how we are to act, and that is as Jesus. Jesus Christ laid down his life for us (1 John 3:16, NIV). When we break down this verse, we start with Greater love.
For proper in-text citation and referencing details:
Do you need any assistance with this question?
Send us your paper details now
We’ll find the best professional writer for you!
"We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before we can also do it for you."
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
Our Service Charter
1. Professional & Expert Writers: Experts Essays only hires the best. Our writers are specially selected and recruited, after which they undergo further training to perfect their skills for specialization purposes. Moreover, our writers are holders of masters and Ph.D. degrees. They have impressive academic records, besides being native English speakers.
2. Top Quality Papers: Our customers are always guaranteed of papers that exceed their expectations. All our writers have +5 years of experience. This implies that all papers are written by individuals who are experts in their fields. In addition, the quality team reviews all the papers before sending them to the customers.
3. Plagiarism-Free Papers: All papers provided by Experts Essays are written from scratch. Appropriate referencing and citation of key information are followed. Plagiarism checkers are used by the Quality assurance team and our editors just to double-check that there are no instances of plagiarism.
4. Timely Delivery: Time wasted is equivalent to a failed dedication and commitment. Experts Essays are known for the timely delivery of any pending customer orders. Customers are well informed of the progress of their papers to ensure they keep track of what the writer is providing before the final draft is sent for grading.
5. Affordable Prices: Our prices are fairly structured to fit in all groups. Any customer willing to place their assignments with us can do so at very affordable prices. In addition, our customers enjoy regular discounts and bonuses.
6. 24/7 Customer Support: At Experts Essays, we have put in place a team of experts who answer all customer inquiries promptly. The best part is the ever-availability of the team. Customers can make inquiries anytime.