Read the provided scenario and write a form, or forms, of communication that would respond most effectively to this real life management situation.
(A form of communication could be an email, a text, a memo, a letter, an online post, a meeting, a conversation, or any other form of communication you see fit.)
Pretend you are a manager who needs to respond to the scenario below.
Communication Response: Pretending you are the manager preparing a form of communication in this scenario, write your response, such as an email, text, letter, memo, or a script of what you would say in a face-to-face meeting.
You can choose more than one form of communication for your response, but each response should not exceed 250 words and may be shorter depending on the strategy you choose.
This is the actual communication you would create in response to the situation. Please note: there are many possible responses, approaches, and areas of emphasis for the management communications scenario described below.
The challenge is to communicate what you believe is the best approach for the situation, using your own judgement, critical thinking skills, and the management communications strategies and skills you have learned.
Plan Ahead: In the next question (Question 2), you will write a separate rationale explaining why you chose the form(s) of communication you chose. For this question (Question 1), refer to the instructions noted above under the heading of Communication Response.
SCENARIO: You are the manager of a hotel in Kelowna (you can choose the location/country and any relevant details about the hotel as you see fit). While you do market in print forms such as travel brochures at travel agencies, much of your business relies on reviews from on online forums such as
Since you are a busy manager, you rely on your staff to respond to both positive and negative reviews online. Once a week, you review the responses they have written that have already been published online. You come across the following review written by WorldTraveller123, followed by the response written by your staff member, Jordan.
Original Review from WorldTraveller123:
This hotel looks far better in the photographs than it does in real life. The pictures showed flowers blooming and the outdoor pool looked refreshing and bright blue, but when we arrived the place was covered in snow and the pool was closed. Our five kids were really disappointed. We arrived late at 2 a.m. and it took several minutes for staff to greet us, and when they did, they seemed unprofessional. The young womans ponytail was a mess and she was not nearly as pretty as the girl in the brochure and website. When we gave her our last name she said there was no reservation for us even though I swear my sister-in-law said she booked it and knowing her she would have used my last name rather than my wifes, and she wouldve spelled it out correctly. We were shown to our room and there were two beds in the room liked wed booked. It was clean enough. However, you didnt even bother to have set up the roll-out childrens cot we had called and left a message about 5 minutes before we arrived. When we were getting unpacked and the kids were playing tag in the hall (because they had to run off some energy after being in a car all day, and your pool wasnt open as wed hoped) a rude hotel guest knocked on our door, saying to be quiet, and we could also hear a dog start to bark on the floor below us. Your hotel staff then interrupted our unpacking to call us and remind us it was quiet hours. We were so stressed out from it all that we couldnt sleep. Your beds must be really bad. In the morning, I sent my two youngest children down to the kitchen area for the free continental breakfast that your hotel had advertised, but my children were told they couldnt bring back the full tray of muffins to the room from the breakfast room because it was also there for the other guests. This is unethical marketing because your advertisements promised complimentary breakfast! We were so mad that we told the girl who was cleaning the tables in the breakfast room that we wanted a free nights stay for all our inconvenience and our unpleasant stay. But she didnt do anything about it, and just said something and walked away. We deserve a full refund immediately. To anyone thinking of staying at this hotel, NEVER STAY HERE!! Below the review from WorldTravller123, you see the published response from your staff member, Jordan: Were sorry you did not like our Hotel and may be if you were not such a difficult customer you wouldve got better service. Thank you so much for your review, Jordan. Question 1: If you were the manager in this situation, how would you respond? Write your actual response(s) below.
Consideration of the current season (Winter)
Apologize and explain the reasoning of the delay (We have fewer visitors that are checking after 1 am so we minimized the greeting staff to two individuals, those to staff were responsible of greeting and taking care of five families who were expected to arrive around 2 am) (Put into consideration that a several minutes delay at 2am is not that bad)
In our agreement and it was clear that an especial request must be submitted to our hotel at least Two hours before arrival time otherwise it will be satisfied within 2 hours (in regular working hours) if it was provided to the staff during your stay.
The hotel policies are clear and accessible to all visitors where its not customized by our hotel but its federal and regionally followed by all hotels. Which states that quite hours are from 11:30 pm to 6:30 am. We would appreciate it if you follow to hotel policies on you next visit, also we are so sorry that you had to hear dog barking on your quite hours. If you had to hear noises on your future stay, please report it to our desk so they proceed with the $100 fine to whoever causes this.
Sadly, our hotel is not pets-friendly yet, so we can assure you that that noise you have heard was from the outside. Please make sure to fully close your windows next time so you dont get noised by anything from the outside of our property.
Also, in the hotel policies chapter its clearly stated that our complimentary breakfast is limited to
Do you need any assistance with this question?
Send us your paper details now
We’ll find the best professional writer for you!
"We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before we can also do it for you."
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
Our Service Charter
1. Professional & Expert Writers: Experts Essays only hires the best. Our writers are specially selected and recruited, after which they undergo further training to perfect their skills for specialization purposes. Moreover, our writers are holders of masters and Ph.D. degrees. They have impressive academic records, besides being native English speakers.
2. Top Quality Papers: Our customers are always guaranteed of papers that exceed their expectations. All our writers have +5 years of experience. This implies that all papers are written by individuals who are experts in their fields. In addition, the quality team reviews all the papers before sending them to the customers.
3. Plagiarism-Free Papers: All papers provided by Experts Essays are written from scratch. Appropriate referencing and citation of key information are followed. Plagiarism checkers are used by the Quality assurance team and our editors just to double-check that there are no instances of plagiarism.
4. Timely Delivery: Time wasted is equivalent to a failed dedication and commitment. Experts Essays are known for the timely delivery of any pending customer orders. Customers are well informed of the progress of their papers to ensure they keep track of what the writer is providing before the final draft is sent for grading.
5. Affordable Prices: Our prices are fairly structured to fit in all groups. Any customer willing to place their assignments with us can do so at very affordable prices. In addition, our customers enjoy regular discounts and bonuses.
6. 24/7 Customer Support: At Experts Essays, we have put in place a team of experts who answer all customer inquiries promptly. The best part is the ever-availability of the team. Customers can make inquiries anytime.