For this assignment, you will engage with a combination of videos and written texts. In addition to the TEDx talk, most of these readings are short and written for a general audience (thats code for more engaging).
Ted Talk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akGYugciSVw&;ab_channel=TEDxTalks
Chapter 1 from the Utlimate Guide to Sex & Disability: Myths about Disability & Sex: (see the attached pdf file)
Content Note: there is one myth that discusses sexual violence against people with disabilities briefly from page 8-9. )
p. 11, Kaufman, Silverberg, & Odette, 2003, Myths about Disability and Sex
Some people feel that not fitting in with the dominant norm and experiencing life with some sort of difference is in fact a great benefit, because it both releases them from the expectations of others and allows them to look at themselves in new ways.
In our culture we are bombarded with messages about who we are supposed to be, how we are supposed to act, and what our lives are supposed to mean. Therefore its hard to separate the expectations that have been placed on us from our own feelings and needs. This is especially true about sexuality.
First, summarize what you reviewed in the class readings and videos. Identify and explain at least one key point or take away that stand out to you. Why is this important? Approximately 250-500 words
Second, considering your positionality in relation to disabilities (whether you identify as having a disability or not you do not have to disclose, just pay attention to your own relationship to this topic), reflect on how you can participate (or are participating) in promoting sexual rights and well-being for people with disabilities. Approximately 250 words
NOTE: For those without disabilities, be careful of savior complexes. People with disabilities dont need anyone else to save them from society. Think instead about how you can work alongside people who are already working to pursue sexual rights and justice for all. This could be a personal commitment to learn more, to disrupt bias from others, to evaluate our own bias and behaviors, or to look for opportunities to address structural barriers like calling for the inclusion of sex with disabilities in sex education or ensuring spaces you connect to that foster sexual health and well-being are inclusive.
Do you need any assistance with this question?
Send us your paper details now
We’ll find the best professional writer for you!
"We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before we can also do it for you."
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
Our Service Charter
1. Professional & Expert Writers: Experts Essays only hires the best. Our writers are specially selected and recruited, after which they undergo further training to perfect their skills for specialization purposes. Moreover, our writers are holders of masters and Ph.D. degrees. They have impressive academic records, besides being native English speakers.
2. Top Quality Papers: Our customers are always guaranteed of papers that exceed their expectations. All our writers have +5 years of experience. This implies that all papers are written by individuals who are experts in their fields. In addition, the quality team reviews all the papers before sending them to the customers.
3. Plagiarism-Free Papers: All papers provided by Experts Essays are written from scratch. Appropriate referencing and citation of key information are followed. Plagiarism checkers are used by the Quality assurance team and our editors just to double-check that there are no instances of plagiarism.
4. Timely Delivery: Time wasted is equivalent to a failed dedication and commitment. Experts Essays are known for the timely delivery of any pending customer orders. Customers are well informed of the progress of their papers to ensure they keep track of what the writer is providing before the final draft is sent for grading.
5. Affordable Prices: Our prices are fairly structured to fit in all groups. Any customer willing to place their assignments with us can do so at very affordable prices. In addition, our customers enjoy regular discounts and bonuses.
6. 24/7 Customer Support: At Experts Essays, we have put in place a team of experts who answer all customer inquiries promptly. The best part is the ever-availability of the team. Customers can make inquiries anytime.